M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed all these to KuryAkyn ISO pegs.
If ya want part numbers and a little bit of a 'How To' click on my web page link below and follow the M109 links.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Re: More Foot room...

youve had some nice bikes there billh1943. the more i see the lowered 109, the more i like it. did ya use jason's lowering bones? :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

one more question, i dont understand how swapping out the shift peg gave ya more foot room? hopefully ya keep the 109 longer than some of those other bikes! :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks guys.

Bad109...yes...i used Jason's lowering bones.

I guess i should have said...seems to be more foot room on both sides...maybe not...could be a mental thing. :eek:

Hahaha...yeh...i hope i keep it longer than some of the others too.

·
Registered
99 Posts
aside the look,did you have any other reason to lower the tach?
tool bag is way cool.i'll be adding one
thanx :joke:

G

·

billh1943 said:
Bad109...yes...i used Jason's lowering bones.
You have had quite a nice collection of bikes over time... very nice! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

M109R Fan said:
You have had quite a nice collection of bikes over time... very nice!  :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:  :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
Thank you...that's only some of them...the ones i liked most. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cruzguy said:
Dont see part numbers or how to on them pegs?
Click on my website link below...then click on the 109 pic...then click on the pic about the pegs...the next page will show the numbers and a little bit of how-to.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow, you've definitely had some incredible scoots. :bigthumbsup:

I really dig your tool bag there, what a great location. D'ya mind letting us in on what type that is? :2cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
action said:
aside the look,did you have any other reason to lower the tach?
tool bag is way cool.i'll be adding one
thanx :joke:
Looks mainly. Less clutter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bconnally1 said:
Wow, you've definitely had some incredible scoots. :bigthumbsup:

I really dig your tool bag there, what a great location. D'ya mind letting us in on what type that is? :2cool:
That's a Harley bag...i had one on the front side of each engine guard on my Rune. Kept them when i sold the Rune. Let me see if i can find the part#.

52998-98 with studs $65.56

52997-98 without studs $65.56

·
Registered
401 Posts
Do you plan on doing a how to for the moving of the tach ?

·
Registered
768 Posts
BearCom said:
Do you plan on doing a how to for the moving of the tach ?
PLEASE tell us how it is done exactly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BearCom & azvforce...

i did as Zebber did...here's the thread that he started. http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=484.0

Since i didn't have any metric taps i used a 5/16-18 tap with chrome 5/16-18 allen heads.

I mounted the tach then fitted the plastic cover. I cut the rear plastic cover while it was on the bike using a dremel with cutting disc. Cut a little then fit, cut & fit...

You're kinda guessing at the exact location of the plastic piece when cutting out for the tach because it mounts to the headlight shell. (The headlight shell mounts to the mounting frame then the plastic to the headlight shell). The only area of the plastic piece that can really be seen when all back together is right around the top outside edges of the tach. So you want to try and cut the plastic so it hugs those edges. Mines got a little bit of a gap but not bad.

Even tho ya can't see the cuts in the plastic when the headlight is back on...my cuts bother me so bad when i have it apart that i ordered a new piece. I'll take the modified plastic off the bike...mate it to the new piece...mark and make nicer looking cuts. I'm kinda funny that way. :D

And you have to relocate the brakeline T a little bit as Zebber says. I think i moved it 1 to 2 inches to the right. (left as you're facing the bike from the front)

If this pic i'm attaching doesn't show up click on my web page link below and follow the 109 links by clicking on the pics.

I'll try and do a write-up on my web page in the next few days.

Opps...forgot to attach the pic.Â

1 - 19 of 19 Posts