M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
same here, but I figure it's from the salt they spread around here in the winter (yes I ride during the winter when it's not too nasty out)

WCD

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Yea I was getting some rust, Mostly Form the Attaching Bolts and Peg pins ,Grab some PB Blaster and Give Em a shot ,and wipe it all down :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
There's a small tapped hole on the outside top of them that was rusting on mine. I sprayed some black paint on a Q-tip and dabbed it in the hole to cover it up. That's the only place that has rusted though.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Mine have both had surface rust on them along with some other areas as well. I took some sandpaper to those affected areas and repainted them with Rustoleum paint. Living in the northeast lends itself to moisture. I now, as part of my winter storage, cover the entire bike with a layer of wax. I do not buff it off. I leave it on let it haze up and then cover the bike. Been doing that for a few years now and have not seen any rust since. Come the warm weather I simply buff the wax off and I'm ready to go.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Four and a half years, 15,000 miles, not a spot of rust.:dontknow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts