M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the pictures of what the over filled boiling oil did to the side of my bike. I called Suzuki Customer Service and took it to the local dealer so that he could see and report it to Suzuki. He order me a replacement.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Man that blows!!!

Good luck with the replacement parts. I'm still waiting on a seat cowl that the dealer screwed up. :verymad:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow :eek: You should get some store credit, too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you sure that wasn't from your key or key ring? I had the "oil problem" 3 times, and it never harmed the finish of my bike.
However, when I attached another key to the keyring, I noticed those pitting marks where the key was flying around in the wind after a long ride. Seems suzuki wants us to only use the single bike key while riding, or replace imitation chrome plastic parts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
drain it down to the proper amount of oil.  Idle the bike for 15 mins, turn if off for 3, place a 2x4 under the sidestand and check the oil without screwing the dipstick in. just set it in. BUT, you also have to clean out the air intake or it'll still drip a little.   Hell, my dealer cleaned mine out and it still has a tiny amount of oil on the bottom once in a while.  There's a lot of baffles so good luck

·
Registered
314 Posts
BlueM109R said:
Are you sure that wasn't from your key or key ring? I had the "oil problem" 3 times, and it never harmed the finish of my bike.Â
However, when I attached another key to the keyring,
   Ditto with the key, but never had the oil problem. I like Harleys idea, key in, start bike, take the key out, bike continues to run, shut off with kill switch when your done your ride..  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I thought I caught the oil overfill in time. I drained about 20 oz. out of it and things were fine until yesterday when I hit about 375 miles and a few drips came out of the air cleaner. The dipstick is such a POS that with brand new oil, you can't tell where the level is in relation to the hash marks.

What potential damage can be caused by this over fill? The owner's manual says "the first 500 miles are the most important in the engine's life". It can't be good to push oil out of the air intake. Can it damage the piston rings? I don't have any experience building engines, but common sense says it can't be good. I am pissed about this and want to make sure that my motor runs as strong as it is supposed to or I want it fixed. Has anyone put their bike on a dyno after the oil problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts