M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW--------> I got the bike back from suzuki... im reposting the original post I made 3 weeks ago for those who missed it... I got suzuki to pay for the new oil pan it was $149. The only cost to me was 30 min labor and 5 qts of oil which was about 55$ to me so I cant complain at all!!! The guy who worked on my bike also took the 4 tabs on the oil pan and ground them off for me before he reinstalled the new pan.. you gys may want to think about this if you plan to trailer your bike.... just and FYI to you all....

OLD POST-----> hey guys:
this weekend was taking off for a few days with the girlfriend and wanted to take the bike with me so I was loading it on my utility trailer as I always have done with my bikes cept this was the 1st for the M109. As I got to the top of the ramp I heard a pop noise and figured maybe I just bottomed out on the frame a bit. Needelss to say I wish thats what it was.... on the front side of the oil pan are 2 tits that stick up off the cooling fins, that stick up approx 1/8" more then the frame does.. well guess what the trailer tore off the rigth side fin and punched a hole the size of a dime in the pan and I lost all my oil. So reason im posting this is to let people know if they trailer the bike and or go over a speed bump watch whats your doing really close and pay attention t the fact this can happen and looks like pretty easy. Im going to the dealer Thursday to get the new pan put on and hopefully under warranty.. the pan alone is 135$. So please watch when loading onto a trailer and watch them spead bumps!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts