M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 M109R BOSS. has anyone tried taking off that foil on the black cover on the exhaust side. dont want to try anything until i know it can come off and wont mess up the paint underneath. reason is, im putting on a new exhaust you you can see it. installing the HardKrome VPR short.
thanks

Registered
2009 / VZR1800
I have a 2017 M109R BOSS. has anyone tried taking off that foil on the black cover on the exhaust side. dont want to try anything until i know it can come off and wont mess up the paint underneath. reason is, im putting on a new exhaust you you can see it. installing the HardKrome VPR short.
thanks
Welcome to the forum Rick, so Cheers!... 馃嵒
To be honest, I am not sure what foil are you talking about?

Registered
thanks
If it's Chrome ( The VP) and it rusts , you are on your own.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum Rick, so Cheers!... 馃嵒
To be honest, I am not sure what foil are you talking about?
Thank you! good to be here. thank you for the response. its the black cover just in front of the rear foot peg. at the bottom of the cover there is a foil type tape im assuming used as a heat shield from the exhaust. i uploaded a pic of the cover i am talking about.

Attachments

Registered
I see that foil on mine, it looks like heat protection tape. im guessing it should be able to be carefully pulled off and then cleaned with goo-gone but i'd hate for you to take that advice and then it ruins the paint, tread carefully or wait for someone to chime in with a newer BOSS has removed it....
scratch that - looks like dcsclassic has already done it without issue

Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
Mine never had foil on that piece, but the painted cover right in front of it has foil on the front of it to protect it from exhaust heat.

Registered
Thank you! good to be here. thank you for the response. its the black cover just in front of the rear foot peg. at the bottom of the cover there is a foil type tape im assuming used as a heat shield from the exhaust. i uploaded a pic of the cover i am talking about.
Wouldn鈥檛 it be easier just to take a picture of this foil tape?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts