M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
There are a number of commercial and home remedy solutions that are supposed to fix that. One I have heard quite a bit recently is wiping shaving cream on the face shield, then wiping it off (of course). I haven't tried this yet, but sounded interesting.
I think if you search this site, and Google, you will come up with a ton of ideas.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
You can always look to see if the manufacturer offers a heated shield. I alkways had one Snowmobiling. They work great down to below 0 temps.

Sledzep

·
Registered
908 Posts
The only time my shield fogs is when I take it out of the A/C in the house outside to get on my bike. It is only temporary and then fades. Tough times year 'round in South Central Texas :doorag:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
rideutah said:
There are a number of commercial and home remedy solutions that are supposed to fix that. One I have heard quite a bit recently is wiping shaving cream on the face shield, then wiping it off (of course). I haven't tried this yet, but sounded interesting.
I think if you search this site, and Google, you will come up with a ton of ideas.
Careful, menthol shaving cream will eat poly-carbonate ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am told Shoei is offwring an anti-fog clear shield that can be retrofitted to older shoei helmets for $50/60 or so. The helmet it comes standard on is around $550. I bought the RF-1000. JOHN

P.S. I use an anti-fog paste that you wipe on and buff off. I should have gotton the push-spray. I think it applies easier. JOHN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts