M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm new to the board and have a couple of quick questions? I just bought a 2006 M109R with 211 actual miles. It has been sitting in storage since August of 2006. I put in a new battery and it fires right up and runs great! Should I immediately change the oil? How about the engine coolant? The coolant level is in the "normal" range and the oil is right at the "full" mark.... Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
:congrats::welcome: i would definately change the oil in it, i am sure in about 10 min this thread will be full with ideas. you are on the best site in the world for advice. BTW the 2006 M109r is the fastest 9 on here. And it has more horsepower if you got the black one:D:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I can't wait to start giving this badboy some mods! I've seen some sweet look'n 9's on this sight already....

·
Registered
534 Posts
My opinion on this matter is that you can never baby your ride enough. Any time you have something in storage, fluids need to be exchanged for new/fresh ones. I hope the gas tank was bone dry, and that you are not running on 4 year old fuel.
Consider changing brake fluids, oil, gear oil, rad fluid...really anything that could be changed. Also, lubrication points and all cables need to be inspected.
My theory is that if doing all of the above ends up costing you $300-$500, it is well worth the cost for peace of mind and for the protection of that great rocket.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
My opinion on this matter is that you can never baby your ride enough. Any time you have something in storage, fluids need to be exchanged for new/fresh ones. I hope the gas tank was bone dry, and that you are not running on 4 year old fuel.
Consider changing brake fluids, oil, gear oil, rad fluid...really anything that could be changed. Also, lubrication points and all cables need to be inspected.
My theory is that if doing all of the above ends up costing you $300-$500, it is well worth the cost for peace of mind and for the protection of that great rocket.
I agree 100%!!!

G

·
:congrats::welcome: i would definately change the oil in it, i am sure in about 10 min this thread will be full with ideas. you are on the best site in the world for advice. BTW the 2006 M109r is the fastest 9 on here. And it has more horsepower if you got the black one:D:D
So what, you get more puss on the gray metallic ones. :D

Wouldn't know, just heard that.

Ok, she's not looking over my shoulder anymore.
:doorag:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I believe all 2006/2007 had the fuel rail recall. I went into the dealer, after having found the Suzuki recall online. Printed it out and took it into the dealer. They checked my VIN and saw that I qualified for the replacement. They ordered the part(s) and replaced it.
Don't wait until it is an issue, with gas leaking. I have a 2006, and the problem didn't show up until 27,000 km in 2009. Still, if you deal with it before its an issue, you will have no problems.

Dave

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Don't change the oil. Its dyno oil and should run it till 600 miles. If they check the vin they will tell you what you need to do. You also have dyno oil in the rear hub that should be changed at the same time as the motor oil.

Good luck with your 06.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
:agree::agree:

:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum. :bigthumbsup:

Check out the links in my signature.

Enjoy her and ride safe. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The dyno oil had to run its 600 miles to smooth out the parts in the motor. If you check the oil with your finger you will feel the grit thats in the oil. Very important

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the all the info guys! I'm going down to the local Suzuki shop this week to check on the fuel system recall and changing the fluids.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The dyno oil had to run its 600 miles to smooth out the parts in the motor. If you check the oil with your finger you will feel the grit thats in the oil. Very important
That's what I was wondering about. It seems like most new vehicles use some type of "break-in" oil that needs to be ran for a certain amount of time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts