M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a pencil eraser sized divit in the front fender right between the fork tubes? It's painted over, but indented and you can see it in all but shady conditions. It looks like was probably left over from the molding process or something. I'm wondering if I should hit up the dealer for a new fender. Color by the way is Burple...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It is there to help deflect the wind once you go over 100mph, it creates a better air flow almost like a mini are damn. Or maybe it was just part of the mold release! DARN!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Darn, I've got one of those rascally dimples too. I figured it was either time for a class action suit, or to up my Luvox . Then I read VTXOAK's explanation. It makes a lot of sense.
Jer

vtxoak said:
It is there to help deflect the wind once you go over 100mph, it creates a better air flow almost like a mini are damn. Or maybe it was just part of the mold release! DARN!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Dimple on the front fender is the entry point for the injection mold. All that nice plastic that makes up the front fender starts its life as a molten gob of liquid and is injected into the mold under pressure. Consider the dimple as a "birth Mark" for you front fender :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
or maybe if everything wasn't made by 60 cent an hour taiwanese labor shops. I have a hard time dropping 13g,s on a motorcycle that has this defect in it. Why Suzuki would make this good of a bike and put that cheap of a fender on it is beyond me. Yeah, I know, I'm just venting. Now, I'm going for a ride. SEE YA

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yup, that's pretty simple to see and the same dimple exists on the Honda models with plastic fenders. It's a lot quicker to fill that and repaint the fender if it bothers,than it was to clean up those darn rivets on the VTX front fenders, but those too were imminitely doable.
Jerbear

·
Registered
355 Posts
What dimple I aint seen no dimple (in my Rodney Dangerfield voice). Riding this bike is way to much fun to worry about that little imperfection and the bike looks so good I thought the dimple was to keep all the harley guys from being totally jealous. Ride safe!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts