M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have the FlatZ" Turn Signals by Raw Designs? Looking at buying them for my bike. Are they bright and can you see them from the front? Or is there something better that looks good and can see in daylight?

·
Registered
142 Posts
i do have them. no they are not bright. if you want to go with style then they are awesome but they suck for people seeing it. so if you want safety then i suggest getting them and wiring some more LEDS on the forks or soemthing. i dont have one with them on but i get nothing but compliments on it. theyre built to look better than factory. i like them a lot

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks...I thought they might be more for looks. I wish they were both because I like the look however I would like to be seen more.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Yes they are a great look but when I ride with my crew they can see them during the day and even better during the night, love them! :bigthumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
An older thread reborn

I've been looking at these turn signals for the front of my 9 as well. I'm wondering if anyone has bought them since this thread was started back in 2010? If so, thoughts...pros...cons? I'm also wondering how easy or difficult the install and wiring may be, switching from stock.

:eek:ldpost: <<--- Old to some, new to others

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Are they still available? Thought they went out of production. I have them on my bike. Not had any complaints.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I try to ride like no one can see my signals anyway, so looks were more important in my choice for front signals. I actually seriously considered the Flatz and the Blades signals. I really wanted to clean up the front of the bike so I completely removed the entire factory front signal set up! Then I had these done! They work just fine at night, but are not the brightest in the daylight. I LOVE THEM!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Are they still available? Thought they went out of production. I have them on my bike. Not had any complaints.
They're still available on the Metricfats and DLP websites. How was it changing out the stock with them? Easy, difficult?

I try to ride like no one can see my signals anyway, so looks were more important in my choice for front signals. I actually seriously considered the Flatz and the Blades signals. I really wanted to clean up the front of the bike so I completely removed the entire factory front signal set up! Then I had these done! They work just fine at night, but are not the brightest in the daylight. I LOVE THEM!
You've done a great job with your 9.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Only hard part was getting the bottom screws out of the stock indicators. There is a thread about that. I changed the stock relay flash can to slow the led flashing down. Easy to do 1 hour if your stock indicators come off easy.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Raw Design Flatz

I have these and they are extremely bright and you can see them really good in the daylight. The lights comes with a new dual intensity turn signal controller which is far better than the diodes. I'm very pleased with these lights, I was sceptical at first but after I installed them I'm sold!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Thanks guys ! Looks like my next mod ..... and that means I need more overtime :doh:

·
Registered
503 Posts
New flatz

Hi
just bought the flats for the front but I Have no idea how to install them . Do I need a equalizer . At what point do I split the or cut the cables from the old signals? I know there is a green, black and a smaller black with white line.
Would appreciate any help

·
Registered
8,676 Posts
Only need the equalizer if you want the blinking to slow down. Personally I like it fast so others can see me.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was looking at the flatz but decided to shave the front signals and fabricate them into my custom air filter covers. Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting these are super bright!!!!

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Anybody have the FlatZ" Turn Signals by Raw Designs? Looking at buying them for my bike. Are they bright and can you see them from the front? Or is there something better that looks good and can see in daylight?
I just purchased a set of the FlatZ turn signals, and they are very bright. Raw Designs has re-engineered them very recently to make them 3 times brighter than the Gen 1 version. You can see them flash an/or being used as running lights from a mile away. They are a very good product, and I can assure you that you will be more than satisfied with the look (especially) and the function of the FlatZ turn signals. They are a very good product all around.

BCRUZN

1 - 20 of 25 Posts