M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big question for you .... ??? I ordered a black drag bar for my bike and received it 2 days ago. The lines made on the bar to avoid slip under the risers are 3.5" center instead of 5" :eek: so they are visible and i think the bar will probably slip that way too. The dealer told me that's a "normal" thing !!! :edit: I send a email to Flanders handlebars and wait for their opinions .... what do you think of that ?? :confused:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Almost every off the shelf handlebar on the planet is made to HD riser specs, which is 3.5" center to center, as you have found out.

Put 'em on, clamp 'em down. Unfortunately, most of the knurling will be visible, but the bar will not slip. If the knurling is like every other bar out there, your risers should grab about 1/4" - 3/8" on each side.

Mine aren't Flanders, but have the same 3.5" C-C knurling pattern. They are rock solid, zero slip.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the reply, is there a way to make those line less visible without sanding and panting .... :confused:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Same here

My 2007 Fatboy handlebars show some knurling in the center also, but are rock solid, I'm sure yours won't slip either. My GPS mounts over the center, so I don't see it unless I try to.
You could make something to cover it if it bothers you, but I'll bet you won't even notice it after a while.
I tried hose clamps, black plastic, leather strip, all looked worse than the knurling. Just tell anyone who asks (nobody will) "I did that on purpose" like PeeWee Herman did when he crashed the bike.:D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2007 Fatboy handlebars show some knurling in the center also, but are rock solid, I'm sure yours won't slip either. My GPS mounts over the center, so I don't see it unless I try to.
You could make something to cover it if it bothers you, but I'll bet you won't even notice it after a while.
I tried hose clamps, black plastic, leather strip, all looked worse than the knurling. Just tell anyone who asks (nobody will) "I did that on purpose" like PeeWee Herman did when he crashed the bike.:D
:D thank for the info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts