M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and saw the new Miami vice movie yesterday, its not bad, but the Ferrari they were driving had blue flames out of the exhaust. Which I think would look awesome on the 9. Does anyone now of a good way to do this or have good reasons I shouldn't. Looked at a couple sites on line and you can get them for under $100.

http://www.eatmyflames.com/ and this one that is more but could be better http://www.hotlicksexhaust.com/hypercart/PictureFrame.asp?Sku=Basic+Flame+Thrower+Kit+Dual+Exhaust

I guess one of the big questions are where to put the modules ?

G

·
You could hide the modules behind the rear jug. If you remove the right side panel there is a good size hold there. If those two modules could be put together, most likely they would both fit in the same spot. That is where some of us have put our air horns. I can't speak as to pros and cons of them on the 109. Looks like it would be cool, but don't know anything about them.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Those blue flames were SWEET on their car... imagine how another vehicle would react if we pulled up next to them at a stop light, and as we revved up the engine, flames came out like that... and then proceeded to spank them :)

That would be SWEET!!!

:)

·
Registered
127 Posts
That would be awesome, I didi not know that it was even plausible to install flames on a bike. I would love to be able to do that if it is possible. Plus I ride a lot at night since it is so hot right now. I can see myself now riding pass the night clubs shooting blue flames :doorag:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Well, to me the BIGGEST benefit, would be for those annoying cagers, who like to ride right up your butt...

A simple pull in of the clutch.... roll on the throttle, and hit the flame button... would solve that problem in a HURRY...

I don't see any cager getting too close, after you just spit flames out the back...

Too bad you can't get a device to squirt some flammable liquid with high powered air, so when you flame it, the flame would actually carry and stick to whatever was behind you...

NOW THAT would get cagers to leave you alone in a hurry, LOL

:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That brings up something I was thinking about, the air horns, could you not just replace the existing where ever that may be with the new one. Will the wires match up on the new one with the old ?

I guess you would have to take the pipes off to drill the pipes to install the plugs , right ? For me I just want a small jet of blue to come out of the pipes, Just blue no yellow flames. I am going to try to get the install instructions for this and if I do I will post them and if anyone beats me to it let me know will ya.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Breaker said:
That would be awesome, I didi not know that it was even plausible to install flames on a bike. I would love to be able to do that if it is possible. Plus I ride a lot at night since it is so hot right now. I can see myself now riding pass the night clubs shooting blue flames :doorag:
You young fellas sure are gettin high tech with your bikes, in the old days we just poured a can of beans in the tank.
Juicy. :bigthumbsup:

As to the blue flame vs. yellow flame debate. Personally I'd go with the blue flame, that's gotta look killer at night. The yellow flame however might deserve a poll:

What does the yellow flame ignite the most?
A. Your local LE.
B. Your rear fender.
C. Your turn signal.
D. All the above.

LG

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah but in the old days they didn't have all this fun gadgets :p Right turn signal would be my best guess :bigthumbsup:

G

·
BigBen said:
Too bad you can't get a device to squirt some flammable liquid with high powered air, so when you flame it, the flame would actually carry and stick to whatever was behind you...
I like you.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Has anyone tried the EatMyFlames kit yet? I'm wondering if the 109 puts out much unburned fuel.

·
Registered
484 Posts
J R said:
Keep in mind you "could" hurt your motor doing this in the long haul.Its an old old trick.It can eat the oil outta the cyl wall and burn up the rings from lack of oil.Not slamming the product at all as you may put it on and this never happen but it seems the potential would be there for trouble.I have never did it .(Seen it many times done)When i want flames I add nitromethene to my vehicles and it flames all the way up the road when your on the throttle at night with a rich setting........
Thanks J R... I don't know where this is mounted... at the exhaust tip? I wondered if you would even get much effect on the 109 with stock exhaust.

·
Registered
363 Posts
JR's right, this trick has been around a long time, almost as old as hot wiring your car's door handle to the ignition coil, shocking behavior. I remember my father pulling that one way back when. He did a few other "mods" to his '64 Chevy SS ragtop with a 327 tri-power/4 gear. But he never did the flame idea for the reasons JR mentioned earlier.

There does seem to be a new and safer way of getting just about the same effect. Maybe not as much yellow flame but no burned oil/rings to worry over either. I'll give you a link that'll explain the two ways and how they differ. It even lets you buy a product if your dead set on doing this little experiment.

http://www.axdo.net/exhaust_flame_thrower.asp :super: :super:

LG :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
OK you youngh fellas want to scare the bee jesus out of a cager at night,ride up beside them go a little faster than they are going shut your engine switch off for a second while at the same time fill the engine with fuel by twisting the throttle while off,now just light it up,by hitting the switch,its an old trick that works preety good,the unburnt fuel that is now laying in the pipe will exsplode with a good bang and shoot a very good flame out the pipe,but dont do it to much,i have seen buds blow the pipe right off the header lol.. :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
J R said:
They use to use sparkplugs in the tail pipe but now I see they have improved on the old concept :bigthumbsup: My big big concern would really be that it would burn the oil outta the cyl wall if you did it a lot and you would have an engine prematurely wear out or start using a lot of oil and smoke.But hey I could be wrong somtimes I look at things a little to much and think of all the what if,s.If ya put it on there and just did it on occasion in sure you would be fine I guess Like I say I havent done it so im talking outta my butt.I purley guessing on what COULD happen.No facts or expirence with the products at all.They could be the greatest thing since slice bread ?I dunno
I did this on my old Scout. Ihad muffler issues and ripped everything out and ended up with straight pipes out the rear. I remembered the flames from the back of a merc?? in the credits to Happy Days, did a little research and it was pretty cool.
I did not know about the harmful issues at the time but it would not have mattered to me on that vehicle.

Sledzep

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well guys I started this thread wanting advice on the flame issue and thanks to you guys I have found it :bigthumbsup: I am not going to venture here, I'll settle for just the coolness of the bike to shine in its nature beauty :doorag: Hey is there a middle pipe between the cobra and stock :D Want more sound but don't want people cringing at stop lights.

·
Registered
686 Posts
J R said:
Hey pretty good read there :bigthumbsup: Im not gonna do it on my bike but i think it would be cool if sombody did it. Maybe ill get one for my riding lawnmower and make the neigbors think im really crazy :joke:
Another benefit to this mod on the riding lawn mower is you shouldn't have to mow the lawn much anymore. Just burn it all off.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts