M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discovered something cool! Spark plug in the muffler body attached to an old coil and on a temporary switch. Give her some gas, push the button and FIRE comes out the pipe.....hehehe.

I will take some pics and do a write up when my buddy does mine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah....works on those nasty tailgaters! About 3 1/2 feet to 4 feet of flames. The coil is off a Volkswagen. He says he wants to try adding a little propane to it.

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Yeah....works on those nasty tailgaters! About 3 1/2 feet to 4 feet of flames. The coil is off a Volkswagen. He says he wants to try adding a little propane to it.
I would be suprised if you got that length of flame. Propane may do it and will give off a blue flame. But where ya gonna carry the tank?

I used to do this back in the old days. Run her rich and hit the button-4 foot flames from a bigblock Dodge was no problem:bigthumbsup:

However I ran a magneto powered by a 12 volt motor for the charge to the 4 sparkplugs (2 in each pipe)

Have fun:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
my not to self..... "dont try this cause I dont want to burn my 9 to the ground" ..... but sounds Cool....... LOL :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be suprised if you got that length of flame. Propane may do it and will give off a blue flame. But where ya gonna carry the tank?

I used to do this back in the old days. Run her rich and hit the button-4 foot flames from a bigblock Dodge was no problem:bigthumbsup:

However I ran a magneto powered by a 12 volt motor for the charge to the 4 sparkplugs (2 in each pipe)

:bigthumbsup:He has Cobra's, runs rich, and I just simply haven't got close enough with a ruler to see exactly how long they are....lol. They look long. At night is is really awesome. :a18:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

:agree:definitely an oldie but a goodie:bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts