M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One day when we got back to the hotel some coolant was noticed on the right side cylinders and on the swingarm. Lamont and Ron took it apart and found one of the clamps was just finger tight. These may not be in the right sequence but it gives you an idea of what had to be removed to find the leak.

I rode the bike back and had no more issues that I could see.

Note the small drips on the top of the engine case:

Removing the tank for access:

·
Registered
256 Posts
do you think it was loose from the factory or viberated loose?
how many miles did it take to show up on yours?

either way glad yall got it to stop leaking.... :bigthumbsup:

tc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TexasCruzer said:
do you think it was loose from the factory or viberated loose?
how many miles did it take to show up on yours?

either way glad yall got it to stop leaking.... :bigthumbsup:

tc
It would have shown up at about 7,000 miles. All I can tell you is that it was loose and leaked.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Guess what, when we got back to Big Joe's I let him ride the bike and when he got back mine started leaking too. I drive 3300 miles on that trip and no problems but I let Joe drive it down the street and he breaks it. ::)

By the way my leak showed up at 7000 miles too. It was the hose on the back cylinder that was loose. I had to turn the clamp so I could tighten it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
mine has around 3300 miles on it so far...
no leaks of any kind, (other than a bit of oil splatter on the rear wheel once or twice)
kinda wondering if i should remove the tank and check them for tightness ?
anyway thanks for the info...
tc

·
Registered
256 Posts
Lamonster said:
Guess what, when we got back to Big Joe's I let him ride the bike and when he got back mine started leaking too. I drive 3300 miles on that trip and no problems but I let Joe drive it down the street and he breaks it. ::)

By the way my leak showed up at 7000 miles too. It was the hose on the back cylinder that was loose. I had to turn the clamp so I could tighten it.
hmm, i will definitely check it then...thanks!!
tc

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had leaks on two clamps so I tore down everything around 2000 k's and found half the clamps were loose.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Checked the one that goes into the back jug at around 1800mi and had a nice puddle between the jugs :eek: .........I need to pull the tank and airbox so I can check the rest , my hand are just too big to get in there LOL :redfaced:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Lamonster said:

Well LaMonster, Like I told you out on the road, Quit babying that thing and ride it :D
I road it once and made it cry :doorag: who's your daddy :D
I hope your enjoying the stay with the family Bro!
Big Joe.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Big Joe said:
Well LaMonster, Like I told you out on the road, Quit babying that thing and ride it :D
I road it once and made it cry :doorag: who's your daddy :D
I hope your enjoying the stay with the family Bro!
Big Joe.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Mine showec up at 6000 miles. Same clamp on the hose to the back cylinder. Isn't it strange that the hose to the back cylinder, the one that's easier to get to is the one that leaks. The clamp to the front cylinder is a mother to get to. So why is it tight on all bikes and the back one is loose. Life never ceases to amaze!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts