M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was an easy fix, no cutting and no welding. :bigthumbsup:

I just put it in the vice and bent the arm where I wanted it and then I bent the pedal back to where it looked right. I gained about 1.5" and now my foot clears the pedal. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Before

After

·
Registered
109 Posts
lamont, jyd here, nice job. i did same thing only i cut a little off peddle gave me just a little more room. this a great mod to get the brake peddle right place. it's funny little things make great improvement. jim the JUNK YARD DOG

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
junk yard dog said:
lamont, jyd here, nice job. i did same thing only i cut a little off peddle gave me just a little more room. this a great mod to get the brake peddle right place. it's funny little things make great improvement. jim the JUNK YARD DOG
Yea I saw that when Hal posted it and it reminded me I needed to do something for this trip we have planned. You going to ride with us? :doorag:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Lamont, Jyd here, I would love to but I have one of those job's that if your not there you have to call in dead. One of these times you go on one of your long rides I would love to go. Thanks JUNK YARD DOG :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
moto said:
I think Lamont needs new boots..
Nah, he just needs to hit them with some mink oil. Those boots have character. :bigthumbsup:
When your lether jacket starts to look a little worn you are not going to junk it are you?

Sledzep

·
Registered
91 Posts
MDBlvd109 said:
There's another way to adjust this that worked for me. If you loosen the allen bolt on the backside of the brake you can pull the brake pedal out and rotate if forward...then just put it back and tighten the allen bolt. This allows me the clearance I wanted and doesn't affect anything...other than stretching the spring a little, but it's no big deal.

Anyone else done this...??
Yeah I did this a while back. Got the idea from a thread posted months ago. Works fine. Also did the shift mod-moved it down 2 notches.

·
Registered
936 Posts
your absolutely wright sledzep, i would not throw away a leather jacket and yes all He needs is mink oil.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was having problems with the shift lever since, I have skis's for shoes(sz.13). Since I had that little accident it seems to fit better, wasn't something a little concrete and a 700# bike couldn't adjust. Please don't try this method at home as I do not endorse this method-LOL :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts