1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a fuel leak for about 6 months when the engine warmed up it
would stop leaking so I never looked into it
Two days ago it really was pouring out, took the tank and
air filters off to visualy check everything looked ok laid the tank on hooked up the connector an hose, started it up it was leaking so bad there
wasn't enough fuel pressure to keep the engine running.
I know about the fuel rail recall but I don't want anyone working on my bike you know what I mean put my two best mecaneks on your moorsicle now, [one on the drivers seat one on the pasenger seat]. The leak was from the hose connection on the right side of the rail
I put two extra clamps inside the two original ones.
Fine now no odor or leakage

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
air filters off to visualy check everything looked ok laid the tank on hooked up the connector an hose, started it up it was leaking so bad there
I know about the fuel rail recall but I don't want anyone working on my bike you know what I mean put my two best mecaneks on your moorsicle now, [one on the drivers seat one on the pasenger seat]. The leak was from the hose connection on the right side of the rail
WTG!! Nice feeling to find a prob and fix it your self...................

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
Some members have fixed it that way also, by adding two more clamps. But if that is where your leak was, I would think it would be repaired under the recall.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are right about having it replaced

It sounds like you clamped this part.

As much as I don't want to, the reason I repaired it is to be able to ride it back to the dealer rather than trailer it. The dealer told me the part is there in stock.
Suzuki sent repair kits to replace on affected bikes to all the dealers,
just a little hesitant, some people that had it done experienced other problems afterwards, one had an injector leak due to an "O" ring break
I don't know if new O rings come in the kit or not.
The pic shows where I put the extra clamps

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
Here's a picture showing the old and new, and where to clamp the old if you fix it yourself. It's the same place olddog did.

The real difference between the two is the length of the rubber hose. The old had a longer hose and they clamped it at the bend in the metal tube. The clamps don't seal it well there as it not only has a bend in it but is also slightly flattened. I clamped mine as I never received the recall and didn't want to have the dealer take it apart to fix it.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Yep, pretty simple job. :congrats: on getting 'er done. I did mine 3 years ago...

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Does this affect specific years?:dontknow:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a 2006, and this happened to me last year. Gas leaking out the leftside. Seemed that once the bike had warmed up, that the issue would fix itself.
I had done my own research and found a recall for 2006/2007 models...I think. I went to the dealer armed with the info about the recall. They ordered the parts, fixed it in a morning and haven't had an issue since.

I wonder if I hadn't had the recall info, if they would have tried to pass it off as something else? Maybe...maybe not. Internet is a great resource.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts