M109 Rider Forums banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I've just put the OEM footpegs back in place, before I had Kuryakin floorboards.
I'll see tomorrow if I need to raise the brake pedal ... I'm 5.5" with feet 42 (European) 8.5 American.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Brake pedal raised a little, so that my foot can stay under it while resting on the peg.

Much better now :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Much better now :bigthumbsup:
Much better not only because the right foot has more room, but because the brake pedal is higher now and therefore I can apply more power to it. I can even lock the rear wheel now while riding :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fix the rear brake lever

Just did mine Saturday 12 Jan, I used a 3/4 inch pipe and bent it out and up... I thought it was only me, that the previous owner had droped the bike or bent it some how... Great to know I wasn't imagining that problem.:doorag:

·
Registered
14 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Thank you for this thread!! I thought the previous owner installed a shorter pedal, glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem. Doing mine as soon I get home!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Adjusting the rear brake pedal back

I heard that there are tines to allow for a rear brake pedal adjustment to bring the pedal closer to you....anyone know how to do that (pictures would be awesome if you can tell me how and what I need to do it)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I heard that there are tines to allow for a rear brake pedal adjustment to bring the pedal closer to you....anyone know how to do that (pictures would be awesome if you can tell me how and what I need to do it)
Its a spline shaft. Loosen the set screw, pull of the shaft, rotate it and replace back on shaft.

What makes it difficult is the foot bracket.

Real fan of the Rivco brake pedal. Puts it where it should be.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Used 3 rags doubled over on mine and the teeth still marked mine slightly. Good mod, but I'd use small wood blocks instead of rags to prevent marking. Maybe a paint stirring stick cut into 2 small pieces would do the trick. No probs with the adjustable wrench on the peg though. And, excellent mod for larger feet! :bigthumbsup:
Just use a old style smooth jawed pipe wrench, the jaws are right angle like the pipe wrench shown, but no teeth on them. But even with that I would use some sort of buffer as the action of bending the arm up puts the corners of the wrench jaws on the lever arm. And something hard enough to keep the jaw corners from digging into the brake arm.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
you are welcome....Just spend time checking all the old threads and specially the how to step by step, HINK'S frequently asked questions and Rynos back bang for the buck , you'll find everything needed.... If not just ask... There are a lot of guys with tons of down to earth advise and recommendations. THE BEST FORUM WITH GREAT MEMBERS !!! My girlfriend is pissed because whenever i get back from work or some free time i just start checking all the threads....
I think its important to have a spouse who is not judgemental.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Print version http://www.m109riders.com/howto/brakepedal/

I've done a few of these now and the first one I did was in the vice. The last two were done on the bike and it makes all the difference in the world. :doorag:
I know you can just move the pedal but that didn't do enough for me, I needed mine a little higher too. :doorag:

Before

After

As you can see from this picture before it made your foot hang way out to keep it off of the brake pedal. :verymad:

I used a pipe wrench and a big adjustable wrench and had it bent into shape in less than 5 min. and I didn't have to take anything off. :bigthumbsup: I did the same thing on the shifter too for Big Joe and his size 16's :eek:

This mod is a must if you feel like your feet are slipping off of the pegs and you have a hard time with your brake peddle. :super:

Link is dead and the pix are gone.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,532 Posts
Link is dead and the pix are gone.
All it is, is bending the pedal to where you like it. You can use a couple large crescent wrenches, pipe wrenches, etc. You hold the lever lower down with one wrench then use the other wrench up higher to bend the lever. Use leather or something like it around the lever so you don't scratch it.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts