M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had my 109 for a week and just did this mod today. I had moved the pedal down out of the way but I lost my leverage and braking power so I moved it back. I didn't have a wrench handy so i just grabbed the peg and was able to bend it enough by hand. I slipped a socket and ratchet over the peg, and it bent back into place easily. Now I have my braking power back and the lever is out of the way!!

P.S. I've never ridden anything like my new M109!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Crotch2cruiser said:
If I understand this correctly, after this modification the brake pedal should be over your toes and not under when riding? I just switched over from a sportbike where the brake pedal is always right under your foot. I need this mod because my foot is on the edge of my peg.
found some pick's this guy that did it and the shift lever its cool

Before

after

shifter

remove cover

make note of position

see the clearance not much adjusting

move bolts in yellow

closer look

before

after

Credit goes to Mitiru his bike his photo

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Crotch2cruiser said:
If I understand this correctly, after this modification the brake pedal should be over your toes and not under when riding? I just switched over from a sportbike where the brake pedal is always right under your foot. I need this mod because my foot is on the edge of my peg.
I went the opposite way I moved it forward one spline and then bent it down. I had to bend the foot portion up to correct the outside edge from pointing down. Now I have a comfortable riding position and my foot is always covering the rear brake.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Hardy said:
Thx bro !
Great Idea to solve my problems. Or is this a typical "Western World" prob. This bike seems to be made for Japanese feet only
The ergonomics are definetly set up for someone around 5'8". They actually think the pegs are so far forward that our toes would be pointing toward the sky. I'm 6'1" and the full cut gel seat helped me alot.

G

·
nukeblade said:
I went the opposite way I moved it forward one spline and then bent it down. I had to bend the foot portion up to correct the outside edge from pointing down. Now I have a comfortable riding position and my foot is always covering the rear brake.
I think you need to be careful with this one,great for normal riding but can cause problems when "getting into" the twisties,especially going down steep hills.JMHO

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
DirtRacer said:
I think you need to be careful with this one,great for normal riding but can cause problems when "getting into" the twisties,especially going down steep hills.JMHO
Its still above the foot peg :bigthumbsup:THX!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I did this mod for a friend of mine about two weeks ago. For the peg, I used a small piece of pipe instead of a crescent wrench. I didn't think of posting this mod. Great illustration Lamonster :super:

UNO 9

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've only had my bike for a couple of weeks. This is the first mod I have done. OMG what a difference :a18: :hot:

Did it all without taking it off the bike. I bent the lever up by hand, and the peg down with a few shifters and a couple of rags. The chrome and welds didn't crack. Now I can ride with both feet pointing forward, so much more comfortable. The brake position is also spot on! :bigthumbsup:

What can I say...I'm stoked :hot:

Great Idea! :clap2:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I know ita an old thread but I have been concidering trying to make new forward comtrols because I can't afford the $700
but after seeing this I will be bending tonight :D I have put on about 200 miles in the last couple of days and the foot position is driving me crazy I feel like I am pulling my toes back to keep them off the brake

thanks for the info Lamonster you are the man :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I guess we all do things our way , using 2 pipe wrench and a lot of rags
I LOWERED the brake pedal instead of raising it ,
and raised the shifter , now both feet are at same angle . ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well finally did this mod today wow what a differance now I can rest my foot under the brake pedal while riding.

I bent it just enough so as to allow my boot to easily fit under the pedal.

Thanks again Lamonster for this great and simple mod.

G

·
BLUE9ER said:
I know ita an old thread but I have been concidering trying to make new forward comtrols because I can't afford the $700
but after seeing this I will be bending tonight :D I have put on about 200 miles in the last couple of days and the foot position is driving me crazy I feel like I am pulling my toes back to keep them off the brake

thanks for the info Lamonster you are the man :bigthumbsup:
Hi all yes I have been thinking bout this for a while... (Big feet and big boots) :D I have adjusted the gear shift higher 1 notch on the spline, and bent the brake peddle arm back out of the way.... man its transform the foot position to what it always should have been....
Thanks for all the info :bigthumbsup: thanks Lamonster awesome.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts