M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Print version http://www.m109riders.com/howto/brakepedal/

I've done a few of these now and the first one I did was in the vice. The last two were done on the bike and it makes all the difference in the world. :doorag:
I know you can just move the pedal but that didn't do enough for me, I needed mine a little higher too. :doorag:

Before

After

As you can see from this picture before it made your foot hang way out to keep it off of the brake pedal. :verymad:

I used a pipe wrench and a big adjustable wrench and had it bent into shape in less than 5 min. and I didn't have to take anything off. :bigthumbsup: I did the same thing on the shifter too for Big Joe and his size 16's :eek:

This mod is a must if you feel like your feet are slipping off of the pegs and you have a hard time with your brake peddle. :super:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just FYI you can take it and put it in a welders glow, vice it and grab a hold of it and bend it. Was afraid of tool marks, it bent kinda easy,but I am 6'2 230lb. But I did use cresent wrench on the peg and it worked great.

G

·
yeah. i only wear a size 10 shoe and my right toe points outward because i cant get it under the brake. Definitely have to try this one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi there Lamon...did you use the pipe wrench to bend the brake arm up and the adjustable wrench to bend the brake
bar down ( horizontal )....just concerned that the weld may snap.
Your info is appreciated.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nutts said:
Hi there Lamon...did you use the pipe wrench to bend the brake arm up and the adjustable wrench to bend the brake
bar down ( horizontal )....just concerned that the weld may snap.
Your info is appreciated.
Yes.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Thanks for the info Lamont... I have been fighting with size 13 boots and both the shifter and brake for about 9000 miles now.

I'll give this a shot.  :bigthumbsup:  :super:  :doorag:

·
Registered
781 Posts
great idea getting that brake pedal out off the way. used to get snagged up in it trying to get to it. much better now. but darn, nicked it with the pipe wrench... should've use 2 rags.
thanks for the idea lamonster. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Mike Boulevard said:
great idea getting that brake pedal out off the way. used to get snagged up in it trying to get to it. much better now. but darn, nicked it with the pipe wrench... should've use 2 rags.
thanks for the idea lamonster. :bigthumbsup:
Used 3 rags doubled over on mine and the teeth still marked mine slightly. Good mod, but I'd use small wood blocks instead of rags to prevent marking. Maybe a paint stirring stick cut into 2 small pieces would do the trick. No probs with the adjustable wrench on the peg though. And, excellent mod for larger feet! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do you need to heat this at all - or just grip it and rip it?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Grip and rip. I was initially scared to do it, but it bent really easy. What a world of difference being able to ride this bike with BOTH feet securely on the pegs.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Brutus said:
I did this mod today. It worked great.
Thanx Brutus :bigthumbsup:
Yeah, I just did this mod a few weeks ago. I can't believe I've been riding around for 11 months and never did this. :redfaced: I had moved the lever 2 spline notches forward and while it was better, it still wasn't to my liking. I finally put it back to OEM spline alignment and got out the pipe wrench. :a18: :clap2: :2cool: :bad2thebone: Man am I one happy camper!!! :hot: :hot: :hot: I just did the same to the shift lever and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Like I said, I can't believe I didn't just do this mod on day one. :( Takes less than 5 minutes and is the coolest comfort-factor mod I've done... next to my Corbin seat. :D

Ummm, YEAH! THANKS LAMONT! :bow: :beer2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I understand this correctly, after this modification the brake pedal should be over your toes and not under when riding? I just switched over from a sportbike where the brake pedal is always right under your foot. I need this mod because my foot is on the edge of my peg.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
07 M109R Limited said:
Have the same problem, you would think the designers at Suzuki would have put just a little thought into the location. Guess they have small feet.
i think its your big feet not our small ones :D

1 - 20 of 71 Posts