M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys I have been enjoying winter riding with my new Rfle solo screen. I believe that it really suits the bike with a light grey tint and blue edging to go with Burple. I have been cruising comfortably in light clothes and open face helmet at 120-160 kph (100MPH)tops. Before I could not do this for long as I can't hang on like I used to when I was 16. This was a birthday (56th)present fron her indoors. Very nice quallity easy quick release with allen key, very adjustable. Got mine made and freighted to NZ in 15days. Suzuki still has nothing here yet in accessories. She who must be obeyed now wants a sissy bar backrest, any ideas. Check out www.rifle.com for picture of the screen.
Cheers phil Whangamata

·
Registered
101 Posts
Scrogg said:
Any buffeting over 70? I have a hellcat that I used a couple times but took it off because of the helmet buffeting...
I'm 6'3" and had a heck of a time with buffeting and the Hellcat. Now that I've installed the Rifle, no such problem. Here's some pics:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are some good pictures on rifles website showing how adjustable it is. I ordered mine direct from Rifle, they were very responsive and helpful in chosing the right colours and also shipping advice etc. Good experience all round. You will not be disapointed. No buffeting lovely quality.
Note: I want to include a picture but insert image button doesn,t work for me
Cheers Phil

·
Registered
271 Posts
Okay...this is my first post, and have to ask...what is buffeting? I want to install this on my 109. (bought new in July of this year)

·
Registered
443 Posts
scottr63 said:
Okay...this is my first post, and have to ask...what is buffeting? I want to install this on my 109. (bought new in July of this year)
Buffeting is when the wind curls around the fairing and smacks your head sideways and back and forth. Similar to the wind when you are coming up behind a semi truck and starting to pass it. The wind kind of knocks you around a little.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I for one think that is the nicest wind screen out, as soon as my money tree starts producing I will get one, hopefully that have something with a black gradient that will go with the black bike. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Coriman: Best "sissy bar" for somebody in your neck of the woods is the Metcruze job from Australia (IMHO).

I like the Rifle shield, but do you have to use all that metal mounting hardware shown in the pics by Jloss??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fitting is easy, there are only two anchour points which are ggimbled so they adjust to the rake of the handlebar.
Also the high quality billet struts match in well with the bars and tacho levers mirrors etc. I personally found the best adjustment for me was to angle the strut forward rather than straight up and lower the screen so the bottom, of it is just above the chrome nacelle, this looks better and in my case AT 6FT it deeeeeoed not have to be as high as the picture on the silver bike where the rider is 6-3. The quick release just leaves the bar fitting with a spigot without the struts. THe polished alli really looks good and vison is not cluttered. Hope this helps
Cheers Phil

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.