M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just got my new 2019 M109r yesterday (and found this forum at the same time). I have been riding for 8 years and this is my fourth bike. I started on a used 1980-something Honda CM250, sold that and got a used 2002 Harley Sportster 1200 about a year later, kept that for about four years then sold it and bought a C50t, which I rode for 3 years (18k miles), and just traded that for the M109r. Looking forward to being a part of this community!

20210421_191938.jpg

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Welcome to the Forum ToJas, and CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a new M109R owner. This is a great Forum to become a member of. It is filled with great members who are very committed to sharing, and forthcoming with any information, experience, skills, and knowledge they may have to help any member of this Forum. Enjoy your time here to the fullest, and stay connected. We look forward to your participation, and/or any questions you may have. There's a ton of very knowledgeable, gifted, and skilled members here, who will bend over backwards to help you.

In the meantime, be safe at all times!!! :)(y)(y)(y):)

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forum ToJas, and CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a new M109R owner. This is a great Forum to become a member of. It is filled with great members who are very committed to sharing, and forthcoming with any information, experience, skills, and knowledge they may have to help any member of this Forum. Enjoy your time here to the fullest, and stay connected. We look forward to your participation, and/or any questions you may have. There's a ton of very knowledgeable, gifted, and skilled members here, who will bend over backwards to help you.

In the meantime, be safe at all times!!! :)(y)(y)(y):)
Thank you, JUDAH-9! I noticed when reading through the posts last night that everyone seemed friendly and respectful so it looks like a great place to be - and thank you for the warm welcome!

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum! Beautiful 9!
Where you from?
Thank you Psycho! I'm in Alabama - I say I'm in the Auburn area because I live in Dadeville (a very small town about 30 miles away from Auburn). I should have mentioned that in my introduction, so thanks for the reminder!

·
Radio Active Member
22,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on being a new 109 owner. 🙋‍♂️ (y) :)

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new M109R!

Reactions: ToJas

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum and joining a community of real riders! Ton of respect for members of this forum!!
Enjoy your new 9!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like doing my own maintance. With the M109R everyone knows its shaft driven. Is there any kinda of maintence for shaft driven motorcyes? Also I have a possible exhaust leak but i cant seem to figure it out. Ever since i bought the bike 3 weeks ago ( 2014 , 24k miles fyi) it has a exsesive valve / ear perferating noise at idle. I replaced both exhaust header pipe gaskets thinking that was the problem and its either the same as it was before or slightly worse I cant tell. Any recomendations? Lastly I want to race/drag this bike for fun. With that being said Im going to do my brakes, pads , rotors , lines and fluid. So any tips on how to bleed the system and not make a mess considering the bleeder is at the top of the caliper?

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Attach a clear plastic hose so you can watch for bubbles. You can get a "solo bleeder" at an auto parts store if you want something made for bleeding brakes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks but I can bleed brakes without those tools. All you really need is just a tube , rags and container for the old fluid. I do automotive brakes constantly and just was wondering if there was anything different with motorcycle brakes. 😁

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Thanks but I can bleed brakes without those tools. All you really need is just a tube , rags and container for the old fluid. I do automotive brakes constantly and just was wondering if there was anything different with motorcycle brakes. 😁
Not with the 9. Just remember that the handlebars move - if you fill the master cyl to the very top and then move the handlebars, you can spill brake fluid. Some bikes with ABS need a special wiring harness to bleed (like my 2016 FJR1300) but no such issue with the M109. I do like the inexpensive solo bleeders to avoid sucking air back in through the hose, but as long as you keep the end submerged in brake fluid, you'll be fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts