M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't able to go beyond 90MPH for too long initially. But today I hit 120MPH on an inclining flyover.:p

Have always been overtaken by other bikes but today I saw an ER6F coming fast at me from behind I just opened up the throttle and he just couldn't catch up.:D Thanks to the windshield that was just installed last week.

Really surprised that at 120MPH the bike is still very much stable. Not much different to 90MPH. This is the first time I am at 120 and it sure is lots of fun. I guess 130 to 140MPH is easily attainable.:doorag:

G

·
Wasn't able to go beyond 90MPH for too long initially. But today I hit 120MPH on an inclining flyover.:p

Have always been overtaken by other bikes but today I saw an ER6F coming fast at me from behind I just opened up the throttle and he just couldn't catch up.:D Thanks to the windshield that was just installed last week.

Really surprised that at 120MPH the bike is still very much stable. Not much different to 90MPH. This is the first time I am at 120 and it sure is lots of fun. I guess 130 to 140MPH is easily attainable.:doorag:
Obviously, this was all done on a closed course with no harm to the public. Right? RIGHT? ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hit 158 Sunday morning :evil:- quick to 120 then it 's a steady climb. Still very stable, and - ummm, yeah at the track;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
The bike seems to hit 130 VERY easily but wind resistance makes the climb beyond this more of a struggle....if you must keep going it will attain close to 150 but it takes a little while to get there.....at the track of course, not on back country roads :doorag:

Remember to lay down on the gas tank to minimize wind resistance

·
Registered
488 Posts
Maybe it's beause I am a new rider, but the fastest I have gone was 110 mph and the bike was shaking a bit. But hey, IT feels awesome. I am looking forward to getting the dyna beads installed when I get a new tire soon. Hopefully that will help a bit

·
Registered
237 Posts
ive done 175 but that was on a zx11 not much fun,ive done 120 on the

intruder not much fun either! 70-80 now thats fun!

be safe!

G

·
I hit 158 Sunday morning :evil:- quick to 120 then it 's a steady climb. Still very stable, and - ummm, yeah at the track;)
I'd love to track mine, but I am so aggressive in corners I have drug the peg feelers down to the peg level. Now I drag the pegs! Oy. Getting worried about myself at the moment. Can't wait till I burn off this 240/40 and put on the 250/40. Should hopefully give me a little more clearance.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
I'd love to track mine, but I am so aggressive in corners I have drug the peg feelers down to the peg level. Now I drag the pegs! Oy. Getting worried about myself at the moment. Can't wait till I burn off this 240/40 and put on the 250/40. Should hopefully give me a little more clearance.
the 160 up front helps out a ton as well.

·
Registered
566 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts

a happy throttle is a full throttle:super:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well I have slowed down now that I have almost 14,000 on my front tire. I really need to get both but the back has only 5,000 on it and I would like to change them both. Tires are a big ticket items for a poor boy. So I just ride the speed limit now.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I can't help but wonder, how much does the track cost:p You know where you were able, to hit those speeds safely.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well I have slowed down now that I have almost 14,000 on my front tire. I really need to get both but the back has only 5,000 on it and I would like to change them both. Tires are a big ticket items for a poor boy. So I just ride the speed limit now.
:eek:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I've hit 124mph (GPS Indicated) a couple of times and for some reason I go ahead and let off at that point..........Oh yeah the reason is I DON'T WANT TO DIE!!!! :pray:.........;)

But actually it does still ride very smooth and confidently at 120+mph. That's one of the benefits of riding a 800lb crusier with at least a 240 or bigger rear tire. However that is alot of wind drag without a screen at that speed in a cruiser riding position however. Feels like your head is gonna get ripped off. :eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts