M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the way, this is just a prototype using an existing plate holder. Now that I know the mount works I will work on getting it tucked into the bike a little better.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BlkM109r said:
Looks good, but just one suggestion. I'd flip it so that the plate curves around the hub, closer to the wheel. So that its closer to the bike, does that make sense?
Yes, I guess we just posted about the same time. :D Right now if I flip it , it hits the diff. This bracket won't work for that but the concept works fine. 8)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Looks like it's low enough so that it won't interfere with bags, when and if they arrive. That's an important consideration, IMHO.

Definitely on the right track. Now, we need an LED solution for the turns, and we're stylin'! :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
nice job. i thought it would look wierd, but it doesn't. the pipes sticking out on the right just about balance out the look.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you are not going to put saddle bags on, could you make a bracket that would take the place of the useless helmet lock which would make the plate higher and closer to the frame?? Has anyone tried this approach.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OMEGA said:
If it's gonna go there, the inside of the plate needs to be right up against the hub.
Yep, I just wanted to make sure the mount was going to work. The next one will have a longer arm that will let me turn the plate the other way and point toward the wheel. Sending the drawings out today. 8)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts