M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son was over today and we put together our version of a cold air induction system on my 109.

First Pic, my son at work fabricating:

First pic of the Trunk Cold Air Induction system installed! Please don't mind the dirty bike, I got caught in the rain last night.

Another view from a different angle:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: First Sighting of The Trunk Cold Air Induction!

My son & I have been cooking this cold air induction up over the past 2 weeks. Performance, YES! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
17 Posts

Can you tell us what you used for parts?
Part #'s, size's, etc., maybe some more pictures?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

looks good. please tell me you have a k&n or something under there and not foam.

G

·

This has been on E-bay for weeks now!! Looks good!! Are you the guys selling on e-bay??

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

hellrazr72 said:
This has been on E-bay for weeks now!! Looks good!! Are you the guys selling on e-bay??
In answer to your question, NO. I don't even know of an air cleaner for a 109 on EBAY?????

Give us a link.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Who ever it is, they stole our idea! :mad: :cus: :realmad: :edit:

I believe ours has a cleaner mounting system from what I can tell with the pic on the link. Ours is also sealed internally so all air is filtered and directed to the factory inlet. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Chuck

G

·

I wondered about this very thing.....go to most, good auto parts store or jegs,or summit,,edlerbrooks been selling this air cleaner for years....Just never got off my butt and looked furhter into it....Good job guys.... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

J R said:
WELL,I see how im bein treated here :joke: :joke: :joke:
No slight intended, I just have not been keeping a close attention to the board tonight. :joke: :joke: :redfaced:

I have just been visiting with my son & girlfriend. :p :bigthumbsup:

In answer to your question, no we did not put a cover over the hole. We did isolate the old air inlet from the factory air chamber though. Notice the seal we made around the factory air chamber:

By the way, I too had a backfire through a carberator on my 1980 TA! Darn thing caught on fire! :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

G

·

I would like to try one of those on the dyno. Looks good. E-bay sale seems to be over.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

HalGreenlee said:
I would like to try one of those on the dyno. Looks good. E-bay sale seems to be over.
Hal,

These are not the ones on/from EBAY! My son & I had the idea for a couple of weeks and knocked around ideas on how to mount them & isolate them from heat (Notice the lexan instead of metal)

Chuck

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Here is a side view of the air cleaner:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

you should try to find a highflow filter to replace the foam. imho.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

bad109 said:
you should try to find a highflow filter to replace the foam. imho.
Why? What could I use?

Remember it would be pretty hard to get a backfire all the way to these. First you have the throttle body with 2 butterflies, an airbox with undetermined internal proportions, and a rubber tube some distance from the foam found at the end of the air cleaner???

Chuck

G

·

The look good, a little wide for my taste at this point. I appreciate the thought that went into it. Looks like it should have been made by Suzuki.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts