M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to Indy this morning to pickup my new (to me) R. I brought it home on a borrowed trailer with no problems. The guys at Falcone Motor Sports were great.

It's been about 15 years since i've been on a bike, so I just rode around the neighborhood trying to knock off the rust. Man, it felt like i'd never ridden before. I have alot of brushing up to do, so I guess i'll be doing laps around the block for awhile.

Aside from that, I was happy with the power and overall feel of the bike. One guy was standing at the end of his drive flagging me down, wanting to know about the bike, so I stopped and let him :drool: for a minute. I expect there will be more of that happening since the 9 is the hottest bike on the planet.

Anyway, wish me luck on my re-learning process.
Later

·
Registered
285 Posts
Congratulations, I am so happy for you! You are going to love this bike. Its so fun picking up something you love to do years later. The same happened for me, I hadn't ridden in years and when I got the beast I thoroughly loved it, and still do.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
:welcome: and trust me, get used to people staring you down trying to figure out what you are riding.... I think on every ride I go on at least 2 people have to open their car window and yell at me to say "AWESOME BIKE" or "IS IT A HARLEY?" :doh:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
15 years , your a Virgin,,,,, again :joke:

Enjoy it and Be gentel with it For a While ,post up some pictures soon :bigthumbsup:

Congrats :welcome:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Went up to Indy this morning to pickup my new (to me) R. I brought it home on a borrowed trailer with no problems. The guys at Falcone Motor Sports were great.

It's been about 15 years since i've been on a bike, so I just rode around the neighborhood trying to knock off the rust. Man, it felt like i'd never ridden before. I have alot of brushing up to do, so I guess i'll be doing laps around the block for awhile.

Aside from that, I was happy with the power and overall feel of the bike. One guy was standing at the end of his drive flagging me down, wanting to know about the bike, so I stopped and let him :drool: for a minute. I expect there will be more of that happening since the 9 is the hottest bike on the planet.

Later
Yup get used to the attention. You are a street star now,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have had a lot of people come up and say WTH is that. So many have never seen a 9. There is a bike cop here that hides at the school and every time i go by he forgets about his radar gun and does a full head sweep when i go by. I am just waiting for him to flag me over to talk about it, I know he wants to hahahah

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yup get used to the attention. You are a street star now,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have had a lot of people come up and say WTH is that. So many have never seen a 9. There is a bike cop here that hides at the school and every time i go by he forgets about his radar gun and does a full head sweep when i go by. I am just waiting for him to flag me over to talk about it, I know he wants to hahahah
that happened to me.......pulled over for speeding, if I remember it was like 10 over, anyway the discussion turned the my 9....got the warning instead of the ticket!:bow:

·
Registered
232 Posts

Later
:congrats: I did the same thing. Been off bikes for 15 years. Started back with a 9. Best decision I've made in a long time. Oh, it's great to have another Kentucky 9 out there. Try to catch up with tbar, he's trying to start a Kentucky 9 Riding Group. safe riding. 8)

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Same here. Went several years without riding. Now just lovin being a 9er. As others have stated already, you get lots of attention, people breaking their necks checking it out, little kids wanting their picture taken with the bike. The other day I was at a restaurant eating and noticed an older woman looking at me and she came over and asked if I was riding the Suzuki that was parked outside. (She guessed by my doorag I suppose) and I told her yes. She just gushed about how beautiful it was, that her and her husband used to ride when they were younger and they were outside admiring the bike before they came in. It's a great feeling being the object of envy people seem to have over your bike. It never gets old. Congrats on your new bike. Take it easy for a little while and you'll be up to speed in no time.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's a head turner

I just returned to biking also after 15 years. It will take a little time to get used to your 9 . I think it is the nicest looking bike out there. Lots of torque. Take it easy and have fun

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
That's part of the reason why this is my favorite bike that I've ever had. It gets a lot of attention, and just does everything right for me.

Definitely get used to the attention. And don't plan on stopping for fuel if you're in a hurry as it usually draws a person or two to it. :D

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
that happened to me.......pulled over for speeding, if I remember it was like 10 over, anyway the discussion turned the my 9....got the warning instead of the ticket!:bow:
that will work :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
314 Posts
:congrats: and maybe think about taking a motrocycle safety course to help you brush up on your skills again, because the beast has alot of power. Ride safe and don`t become a modaholic, because it`ll happen before you know it.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
:congrats: and maybe think about taking a motrocycle safety course to help you brush up on your skills again, because the beast has alot of power. Ride safe and don`t become a modaholic, because it`ll happen before you know it.:bigthumbsup:
:agree: and :congrats: and :welcome: to the forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
15 years , your a Virgin,,,,, again :joke:

Enjoy it and Be gentel with it For a While ,post up some pictures soon :bigthumbsup:

Congrats :welcome:
Yep, i'm a virgin again and it feels good to be...uh...back in the saddle again.

You can see three pics in all albums under ville'billy.

Thanks for all of the support

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Been thinking about the safety course for that and also for the 5% discount on my insurance.

·
Registered
651 Posts
WSUP

Hey, glad you came back to the riding brotherhood,welcome this is an excellent forum for "9er's:doorag::doorag:I am in Radcliff mysel and a few other riders are in this area there are not many of us here but we are trying to set up a meet, for this coming spring. :congrats::welcome:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts