M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first chance to actually ride an m109r today ( thanks Chad )
I am currently on a VTX 1800 ( all the usual  stuff, pipes, pcIII, air box mods, and a 40 hp shot of nos :D )  And I have to say.  this  m109 screams.  I Love it. I don't know what the ET's would be between them, but the 109 feels like it would keep up with my X on the nos ( anyone done any sid by side runs ?) 
I do beleive I am in love.

Again Thanks Chad for letting me drive it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm glad you got a chance to ride one. It is a thrill to ride.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Cool man :bigthumbsup: Are you planning on buying one any time soon?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Lamonster said:
I have and it wasn't pretty, I got smoked. ::)
wasn't pretty for who?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
ESP3500 said:
I am currently on a VTX 1800 ( all the usual stuff, pipes, pcIII, air box mods, and a 40 hp shot of nos :D ) And I have to say. this m109 screams. I Love it. I don't know what the ET's would be between them, but the 109 feels like it would keep up with my X on the nos ( anyone done any sid by side runs ?)

You seem to have mixed feelings, so are you in love or not? ::) :p
http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=153511

G

·
ESP3500 said:
I am currently on a VTX 1800 ( all the usual stuff, pipes, pcIII, air box mods, and a 40 hp shot of nos :D ) And I have to say. this m109 screams. I Love it. I don't know what the ET's would be between them, but the 109 feels like it would keep up with my X on the nos ( anyone done any sid by side runs ?)Â

I had a vtx1800 neo a bike before getting the 109 and it was a great ride but the 109 has the engine the neo should have come with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lamonster said:
Yes, I do have mixed feelings. I keep changing my mind. :redfaced: I am currently in talks with my wife about having two bikes. not goin well at the moment. but as I said. " You would have to decide that power is what you want most. As a drag racer power is my life :evil:. but as a bike rider, I ride 10 to 15 thousand miles a year. I will have to sleep on it a couple more times before making up my mind?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lamonster said:
OH, I just looked at my post on vtxoa, and see the whole thing didn't get added. if you notice there was a " but again" at the end of the post. and that was where I added my wishy washy mind of how I love them both, but for some reason I didn't get that part on there.
Whoo smoothed my way out of that one ;)

G

·
I snagged a VTX 1800 right after they came out. Added pipes, power commander etc. It was nice, but just did not seem to have the ooomph I wanted. I ended up selling it after a couple summers and contemplated going back to crotch rockets. Went one summer without a bike - just could not make up my mind.

Saw an ad for the 109R when it first came out. Drove like a maniac to the local dealer and ordered a black one.

I LOVE this bike!!! It looks so much better than a VTX (I know subjective), and it kicks butt when it comes to power, even stock. Will be putting pipes on it and a commander when they are available.

Rob

·
Registered
572 Posts
ESP3500 said:
Yes, I do have mixed feelings. I keep changing my mind. :redfaced: I am currently in talks with my wife about having two bikes. not goin well at the moment. but as I said. " You would have to decide that power is what you want most. As a drag racer power is my life :evil:. but as a bike rider, I ride 10 to 15 thousand miles a year. I will have to sleep on it a couple more times before making up my mind?
This bike is a pleasure to ride... I could do 30 thousand miles in a year on her wearing a big grin ;)

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
ESP3500 said:
I ride 10 to 15 thousand miles a year.
Is that all? ;) Hal has 4500 on his 109 since June and he's getting ready to add another 6,000 on this next trip. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lamonster said:
Is that all? ;) Hal has 4500 on his 109 since June and he's getting ready to add another 6,000 on this next trip. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:
Maybe I just didn't ride his long enough, ( but I didn't want to wear out my welcome ;) It took me a few minutes just to get used to the forward controls.  He asked why I didn't leave out in front of his house wide open so He could hear how it sounds from a different perspective, I said " I couldn't do that to someone elses bike. ( though after I got a couple minutes to get a grip. I did finally thrash it a little, but I just couldn't bring myself to run it up to red line.
( after all, I am considering buying it) :D
but even if I got both. I would still end up wanting the big bore kit for the X

AAAAARRRRRGGG, Now I am even more confused :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts