M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it back from the dealer yesterday, installed Lojack and did my 600 mi service (well first off i'm so pissed off at my dealership right now for giving my lojack papers to a guy on a hayabusa, then re-printing "my" lojack papers and i get home and compare my VIN with whats on the card and it is the Busa's VIN. They reprinted his and gave them to me.... Stupid asses...)

BUT..... on the lighter side of things I started today with 550 on the odo and pulled it into the garage with 903. I went from orlando to clermont from clermont to crystal beach (tampa area) and back. I went with my dad (Goldwing rider) and i have to tell you, since my parents have been divorced since i was 10 (i'm 19 now) I havent really spent as much time with my father as i would've liked to, but today riding with him almost seemed to make up for it.... It was awesome. I finally get the motorcycle thing.... This really is an awesome bike... (even though I really have nothing to base prior experience on... this is my first bike...) I was comfortable the whole time which was surprising I thought.... I also caught about a foot of air going over an intersection trying to get away from a tail-gater..... scary.. but i held and kept on my way....

This is a great bike, and as for my plans for trading it in on a SE 109.... I think i'm falling in love with the black.... it looks great with the blue flakes... I washed her with that S100 stuff today... wow.... what a difference.

-T

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
glad you like it,glad you had fun....send some pics of your L!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
nothing in the world like your first "real ride". mine was years ago. covered 1500 miles in 5 days. still remember each day like it was just last week. was the first time i remember feeling completely free. keep all your memories in a special place in your heart; some day you'll tell your children about them.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Blueovalforlife ---You sound like myself ,My Dad has a Gold Wing also and Parents got divorced when i was a baby :(  the ride to Biketoberfest was really great for myself and Dad So I know exactly were your coming from :bigthumbsup:

This could be a great story :D how the 109 brought Family's closer together :D Later silentrider :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My father and I, who also owns a Gold Wing, enjoy going on rides too. It's fun for us to spend the time together. Motorcycling for us has always been a family affair. Nice story. Thanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I ride with my son every chance I get...I can tell you we have always been close and riding together just makes it more fun...It was more fun watching him give his son his first ever motorcyle ride, never saw a child with a bigger smile...and my grandson seemed to enjoy it as well...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice ride...

As of yesterday, I put 1100 miles on the 109 in one week... Had to have my first service done while I was in Daytona for biketoberfest... Really good experience with Cycle World of Daytona...

I love riding this bike!!!
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
blueovalforlife said:
Got it back from the dealer yesterday, installed Lojack and did my 600 mi service (well first off i'm so pissed off at my dealership right now for giving my lojack papers to a guy on a hayabusa, then re-printing "my" lojack papers and i get home and compare my VIN with whats on the card and it is the Busa's VIN. They reprinted his and gave them to me.... Stupid asses...)
They have to do this to meet their stupid stuff dealers do quota....
Otherwise they wouls lose their association.....

If it was one of the top notch dealers you can expect to get pulled over next week after they report it stolen while you are riding it...

Sledzep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sledzep01 said:
They have to do this to meet their stupid stuff dealers do quota....
Otherwise they wouls lose their association.....

If it was one of the top notch dealers you can expect to get pulled over next week after they report it stolen while you are riding it...

Sledzep
WOW..... thats happened to people?! that's crazy....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey, that sucks about the paperwork. Hope you made a stink(PC of course) about the lack of attention to detail. Good to hear about your Pop though. My Dad left the family about 12 years ago and jsut spoke to him for the first time this spring. Lots-o-time lost and he doesn't ride(He's now 70). At least we're talking though. Stay close to your Dad while your can, you'll realy regret it later if ya don't. However, I have found a true riding buddy(and 2nd Pop) in my father-in-law. He rides a 2003 Springer Softail. We've riden quite a few local miles but are still planning our "First real ride!" Planning to go from here(Rapid City), to Colorado Springs, to around Moab, UT next spring. I don't have a 9 yet but may have one by then. Here's how cool the in-law is...he won a fully restored '76 Electra Gllide in a raffle($1.00 ticket) and is trying to strike a deal w/his son. Here's how it goes My bike('04 Marauder 800) goes to his boy, the harley goes to me for very little extra, I sell/trade the Harley for my 9. Almost popped a tear out when he told me of the dealings.

Thanks for letting me ramble a bit. Stay close y'all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts