M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...........as far as I know.

Owning two (K2 & K5) sportbikes this bike is a real beast to me and the heels caps on my boots are showing considerably wear already. I need to adjust myself to lower cornering speeds for sure.

I used to have a Yamaha 1100 Dragstar, but the 109 is light years better in every aspect.

The engine is dream and I feel it handles pretty well too.
The way the bike surges forward on full throttle in 2nd is awesome.

I feel I have to "reach" a little to get to the clutch lever, but I guess the handle bar mod would help here?

Throttle response is a little snatchy in lower gears, but already have the JSD to fix that.................or will it?

All in all I really dig the bike so far.

If now the aftermarket brands could come about with a decent (don't like the OEM Suzuki & Corbin option too much) passenger backrest for my girlfriend we will both be happy. Other than that no other mods this year, but I do see some exhausts coming next year.

Here are a few pics..........and discard the helmet cause this is definately a "full face helmet bike" to me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A beautiful Black Beast! Been since '87 I was in the ROK, over at Kunsan. Enjoy yourself and Ride Safe!  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
sledzep01 said:
Welcome!

Did you remove the reflectors? or are they not needed there?

Sledzep
I think that the US and Canada are the only places that require them ;)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I've seen people say the JSD mod improved the snatchy throttle response, but it's not really designed to do that. It just advances the timing. However over time, my throttle response has smoothed out some.

·
Registered
287 Posts
jazzman said:
I've seen people say the JSD mod improved the snatchy throttle response, but it's not really designed to do that. It just advances the timing. However over time, my throttle response has smoothed out some.
I agree, it seems like mine has smoothed out a bit too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Zukfreak,

Just left Osan air base, the pic's are from the drive down to Gunsan, right? or am i off a little? if you ever get to the strip on outside of Osan go to the country bar named Wes's and tell Wes Casey says Hi, be sure to show him the M, and let him know mine's in blurple...  nice pic's ...
:a18:

Casey

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
My Korean is better in person but try the phonetic anyway 8)

ahn-yah-ha-say-oh Ah-dah-shee!

Welcome to the boards and great looking bike.. probably the biggest cruiser on the entire penninsula 8)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
jazzman said:
I agree..shouldn't make any difference..but (like yourself and Ruben) while I was riding tonight I thought it wasn't as noticeable as when new.....I honestly think it is just us getting used to it and getting a better 'feel' for the bike. I put a Throttle Boss on and it helped a bit too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cowboy casey said:
Zukfreak,

Just left Osan air base, the pic's are from the drive down to Gunsan, right? or am i off a little? if you ever get to the strip on outside of Osan go to the country bar named Wes's and tell Wes Casey says Hi, be sure to show him the M, and let him know mine's in blurple... nice pic's ...
:a18:

Casey
Actually the pics is from Koje Island, located just west of Pusan. I work at Daewoo shipyard on the Island.

I'll keep that bar in mind if I ever head up to Osan.

Cheers

-N

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DHandyman said:
My Korean is better in person but try the phonetic anyway 8)

ahn-yah-ha-say-oh Ah-dah-shee!

Welcome to the boards and great looking bike.. probably the biggest cruiser on the entire penninsula 8)
Hehehe................my Korean totally sucks but kam-sa-hamni-da anyway

:beer2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts