M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tacko meter went blank today. After checking the fuses, one of the 15amps one was burnt. Signal, rpm, and the meter showing the milage was all gone. Only the headlight was on and the bike can start. Rode it to the spare parts shop and bought some 10 and 15amps fuses. Changed the burnt fuse and everything was alright again.:p

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,147 Posts
Now you need to find what blew the fuse. No more power than those items draw they shouldn't blow a 10 amp fuse. Might have a short it the harness somewhere, or hopefully it was just a bad fuse.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now you need to find what blew the fuse. No more power than those items draw they shouldn't blow a 10 amp fuse. Might have a short it the harness somewhere, or hopefully it was just a bad fuse.
It blew the 15A fuse. I sort of know what the problem is. I installed a 28" LED at the rear fender to light up the rear wheel a couple of months ago. Recently it went on and off occasionally. The wires wasn't properly jointed. 2 days ago I opened it up and thought I had fixed the problem because the light was on proper. Guess the short circuit is from there. As the single LED is not bright enough, I am contemplating 2 LEDs at the same spot and have it properly soldered to see if it works. Hope that is okay.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Problem solved.

The wire of the LED that I put under the rear fender is causing the short circuit. I tapped the license plate light and the wire that I connected to the spring of the push in bulb was the one giving the problem. Took it out(wire) and all is fine now.( not after blowing another 2 fuses):D Tore the LED away and put in a couple of new ones which is like the knight riders LED (but with lots of different light colors).
Problem with these Chinese made LED is that the quality is not to ones liking. It came with only a piece of paper stating how good the LED strips are(total of 4) but not instructions as to how you should install it.
I took a guess as to red goes to the red terminal and black the other while the yellow is the earth wire. Hopefully it won't goes burning my fuses again.:evil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts