M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 109 had a coolant leak. It is my only form of transportation so I needed a rental during the repair.

Dealer fixed it. Had a rental car during the two days it was in the shop. As per the SEP I purchased, "substitute transportation at a max of $20 per day" is covered.

Well, I just called 877-473-7669, the Suzuki SEP customer service number, to get information on how to submit a claim to get reimbursed for my rental car expenses for this covered mechanical breakdown.

The man I spoke to on the phone said that the SEP only covers the rental of ANOTHER MOTORCYCLE!

Needless to say I was shocked by this statement. What if you take the bike to a dealer THAT DOES NOT RENT MOTORCYCLES?

Nowhere in the contract terms does it say this. It says "substitute transportation". I pointed this out to him and he replied "I am not going to argue semantics with you." He then said he would call back within an hour after talking to a supervisor.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So this guy calls me back from SEP.

He said that "since this was my only form of transportation" that they would go ahead and cover it.

So I replied "so this means that you DO COVER rental cars?"

He said "we will be re-writing that contract language" but we will cover it this time for you.

Sounds fishy.

I am going to call American Suzuki on this and find out what the hell my options are with this warranty. It is BS that I purchased something that states one thing, but actually means something else.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Macpilot said:
It is my only form of transportation so I needed a rental during the repair.
You use a bike as your only vehicle, you must live in a great climate.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It doesn't matter what they re-write the contract to say, you already have a signed contract that reads the other way. I think they can only change the terms of the agreement with your permission. I'm no lawyer, but I think that if they tried not to honor the original terms of the contract they could be very open to lawsuits.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Exactly, they can re-write their contract, but that has zero affect on yours. Substitute transportation means exactly that, and furthermore, unless the contract you're holding says something specifically about your 109 being your only mode of transportation, that does not matter either. Sounds like you just got an A-Hole who for some reason felt like being himself today!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts