M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered +3" clutch and throttle cable ( Barnett ) on DLP web site today. I hesitated because of some reading here before. ??? are they suppose to give discount to the members here ? ;) Hope they will arrive soon with no mistake on my order .... :bow:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have ordered from them a couple of times, they are hit and miss. My first order was the wheel tool and the oil temp gauge dipstick. Got to my house in three days. The oil gauge was cracked. I contacted them and explained it to them, the new one was on my door step two days later. Ordered a clutch cable, took three weeks and had to be ordered twice. Good luck with them. I have a local guy that will beat anyones price.

·
Registered
561 Posts
i ordered +3" clutch and throttle cable ( Barnett ) on DLP web site today. I hesitated because of some reading here before. ??? are they suppose to give discount to the members here ? ;) Hope they will arrive soon with no mistake on my order .... :bow:
Why would you need a plus 3'' clutch and throttle cables? I am jw.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why would you need a plus 3'' clutch and throttle cables? I am jw.
Because i replaced my stock riser with the Rivco risers, so instead of relocate my cables under the three, i decide to replace them with stainless +3" riser :D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
I've never had a single problem with them and have ordered lots of stuff. Some have had problems and are usually very vocal about it. I'd still order from them without giving it a second thought.

They have sales once in a while, and they have the Parts Club that is in the sticky at the top of the page. That's all the discounts you get. But if you find the same items somewhere else for less, call them up and they will match the price and give you an additional $5.00 off the order. I get my tires through them that way.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never had a single problem with them and have ordered lots of stuff. Some have had problems and are usually very vocal about it. I'd still order from them without giving it a second thought.

They have sales once in a while, and they have the Parts Club that is in the sticky at the top of the page. That's all the discounts you get. But if you find the same items somewhere else for less, call them up and they will match the price and give you an additional $5.00 off the order. I get my tires through them that way.
happy to read that .... ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
ordered several things 3 sets of exhaust, handle bars, and thunder intakes and several other misc. only one problem and that was from thunder on the intakes. with thunder mfg. being cheap on the packing foam and some parts got dameged but DLP SAYS THEY ARE TAKING CARE OF IT. I will be sending damaged parts back and they will send me replacments.will ship them the parts monday and hopefully get back by end of week.???

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Hit and miss for sure, most things I have ordered were back ordered and took time and several shipments. they always made things right but there is oppertunities that could be explored and should. for example: when recieving e-mail a shipment is underway It could list what is being shipped, as other companies do this. not sure how there system works all together but having a sale only on In stock items always gets me (here and other places) if the company only stocks 10% of what they sell.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I choose DLP because they are sponsor here and taught they were in the top of the list .... but now i'm a little bit afraid for what's next .... ??? I'll have to wait and cross my finger now .... :bow:

·
Registered
668 Posts
You will be fine. I have ordered from DLP many times and have never had a problem. Always got what I paid for and nothing has ever been back ordered.

no worries.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Agree with hit and miss. A phone call to confirm the existence of the parts in inventory is worth the effort. Their web page does not account for parts that they do not have on hand.
They can't be all bad, this board exists because of them. I support them when the price is right and I'm not in a huge hurry for parts. If the order is time sensitive, I often purchase locally.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Lighten up Frances!

You'll be fine i've ordered many items from DLP, and I mean Many! Some times your order will come in different shipments, due to the items coming from many locations. Case and point, I too just ordered Barnrtt's 3" longer Push/Pulls for my Throttle cables, and GREGGS Custom swing arm cover. The cables came by mail, out of the Caralinas and the swing arm cover was shipped UPS out of Florida. It seems like I all-ways deal with Drew @ DLP, he has all-ways been a stand up guy! There was a time when I ordered a Stebal horn though, that got crushed in shipping, but DLP shipped a replacement right out! So don't get your panties in a Knot:eek: All is well, and perpair to MOD:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update : email received today, parts are ship and should arrive on 27 .... :2excited: more to come .... :doorag:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I have had Very Good dealings with DLP , One time the thing I ordered where on cycle House's Back order ,Now if i need some thing FAST i just Give them a Call first
Just Remember they are a Parts Distributor not A manufacturer :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts