M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday morning me and two other guys left on a 1100 mile trip from the twin cities to mackinaw city, MI then back along the southern shore of lake Superior to Duluth then back to the cities. It was a decent trip, but I didn't come prepared for the rain :mad: It drizzled for about 10 hours and really rained for about 30 minutes. Let me say that fifty something doesn't seem that bad when standing still, but when traveling 80 MPH wet with no protection sucks! Next time I will definately be more prepared :doorag:

Here are a few pics of the mess it made of my bike...

Time to start washing!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nicely done. My brother told me about S100 cleaning solution. It works wonders. All you do is spray this S100 all over the bike, wet with water, then blow it dry with a leaf blower. I was amazed at how well it works.

By the way, where did you get the bags, I like the setup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rammer1 said:
Nicely done. My brother told me about S100 cleaning solution. It works wonders. All you do is spray this S100 all over the bike, wet with water, then blow it dry with a leaf blower. I was amazed at how well it works.

By the way, where did you get the bags, I like the setup.
I bought mine from Dennis Kirk. It as a bit more expensive through them, but I just rode up to their "showroom" so I could try them on the bike before buying. Here's a link to the tour master pages...

Tailbag

Saddle Bags

toneout said:
Congratulations. What an achievement! http://www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm

A little question about the bags. Lets say I bought the same bags and didnt have the turn signals or license plate bracket on the back. Is there anywhere to attach them other than that? Thanks.
As far as where to attach them without the turn signals or license plate, I'm not sure but I'll try to let you know in a week or two when I hack my beaver tail off!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts