M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First i did a search but still didn't find my answer. The problem is trying to unhook the wrap-around radiator shroud just above the radiator. I tried sliding one side up/down and pulling but can't get it to unhook. I can't see how its hook and the service manual don't give a good view either. I know its simple but I can't get it.???

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
It is easier to disconnect both sides first. Don't forget the upper collar pieces. Disconnect the bottom as well in the center. You then need to bring both sides of the shroud forward to get the upper piece to disconnect. It fits similar to the upper collar pieces if that makes since. Hope this helps. I'm sure someone will elaboate a little more. Sometimes you can force the piece in a bit to seperate them. But its plastic and I always worry about breaking the dank thing, but I have done it that way as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
if you have both sides completely unfastened, grab the bottoms and pull them out and apart like a wishbone at thanksgiving and it should pop right apart.
and yes as said above the neck covers have to be off already

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
I have taken many of them off, but I will not how to do it next time I do it. You have to be firm but not to firm as you can break the little connectors.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it!!! Thanks for the help guys. BlkM109r :bigthumbsup: gave the answer i was looking for - pull the bottom part of shroud out and then the top will come apart.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
If it's your first time (LOL), the pieces are stuck together pretty good. The more times you do it, the better they will loosen up. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts