M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to see if anyone knows of a place where you can buy your aftermarket/performance parts and theyll either finance or let you get a credit card for the parts? Please let me know guys i got some big plans ahead...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I don't know of any offhand, but I have seen a place or two that does 90 days same as cash. I would not want a store/mfr credit card, because the rates are probably too high. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, ive never understood the 90 days same as cash, what does this mean? What were some of the places youve seen do this?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Just open a line of credit

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My two cents... take your time buying your mods, you don't have to buy everything at once. Buy what you can and then save up for the next mod. This is how I do it.

·
Registered
743 Posts
My two cents... take your time buying your mods, you don't have to buy everything at once. Buy what you can and then save up for the next mod. This is how I do it.
:agree: Cash is King!!! Save the cash and take advantage of sales....you will be better off in the long run!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
and its more fun!

IMO i think its more fun to see the bike progress towards what you are wanting it to be. not just all at once.

grant it i guess that i didnt do it that way. i did use a whole winter....

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I'm sorry but that's stupid.

Borrowing and paying interest will cost you twice as much for parts that will be worth half as much once they've been used and put on the bike. That's digging a 400% hole right away

·
Registered
547 Posts

Borrowing and paying interest will cost you twice as much for parts that will be worth half as much once they've been used and put on the bike. That's digging a 400% hole right away
heheheh That's funny, he said stupid but I agree. :p

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts

:agree: but if you still ant to do it most places take Visa, Master card or Discover. But if you take a line of credit out on your house, you can right off the interest.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
thanks man, ive never understood the 90 days same as cash, what does this mean? What were some of the places youve seen do this?
As long as you pay it off in 90 days, there is no interest. But if you run it over the 90 days, then you owe all the back interest. :eek:

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
I generally try to pay as I go. And, it keeps the bike new to me when I do a mod or two at a time.
Yeah, neither my wife or I have a credit card, so it is cash only.
No cash, no goodies. I just ordered the new Cobra 2-into-1 and a fuel management from DLP. Its all paid for.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah, neither my wife or I have a credit card, so it is cash only.
No cash, no goodies. I just ordered the new Cobra 2-into-1 and a fuel management from DLP. Its all paid for.
which fuel management did you go with? And can post a pic of the pipe on your silver bike? thank you.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
I generally try to pay as I go. And, it keeps the bike new to me when I do a mod or two at a time.
Exactly!:bigthumbsup:

I just bought a Cobra Tri-Pro and fuel management, paid cash for it. That was from one paycheck. The next one, I just ordered Squirrel's cover for the right side above the exhaust, his chrome add-ons for the two black plastic covers, and a oil temp gauge that goes where the dipstick is located.

Neither my wife nor I even have a credit card.:eek: How unamerican is that?:p

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Exactly!:bigthumbsup:

I just bought a Cobra Tri-Pro and fuel management, paid cash for it. That was from one paycheck. The next one, I just ordered Squirrel's cover for the right side above the exhaust, his chrome add-ons for the two black plastic covers, and a oil temp gauge that goes where the dipstick is located.

Neither my wife nor I even have a credit card.:eek: How unamerican is that?:p
None here either!;) Course my wife has a couple, but she doesn't sustain much debt on them.:bigthumbsup:

BTW..... Hi Cathi!:D

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah, my policy is no financing on toys. Cash only.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have one credit card for emergencies only. Just be patient and you will find deals. I have bought most of my parts off of the DLP and other fellow riders on the forum. Remember DLP's price guarantee. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts