M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D:D

well i guess it started last week really, i was due for an oil change, & needed to do something with my air filters since i had a puking episode and had cleaned the filters as best i could , but hadn't replaced yet.

FIRST-- i made the switch to Suzi Syn 10W40 with a K&N filter , the oil was the last of a case of oil i won two years ago from Suzukifest, i had entered to win the then newly released C109R, and ended up with oil as a consolation prize. It took a while but i did finally get the C ;)

AIR FILTERS-- well basically i refused to spend the asking price for a new OEM air filter, so i pondered this for a lil while and ended up with a low dollar "stealth" washable re-usable higher flowing filter , i haven't decided exactly what i'd like to run "permanently". This winter maybe i'll get into something a lil more detailed with this and decide if/how i want to mod the airbox , or go with an exposed filter system--so i already posted this but if anyone has used airfilters for the C dont toss them i could use a pair or two to experiment with.

Today well i actually spent money on the C --- the C was acquired as a replacement for a VSTAR 1100 that finally sold last week and the CFO(wife) allowed me to keep a few bucks from the sale :bigthumbsup: and combined with a few bucks from my birthday , I ended up with enough to order a BULLY fuel controller :clap2::clap2: , looked around the garage after the VSTAR was gone & found a few items that sold online quickly on the Vstar forum that put enough in my Paypal account to have darrin from TDE send me an invoice for a GE4(ATRE) :clap2::clap2:, so those 2 items are paid for and hopefully I'll receive them in the mail and get them plugged in soon.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You will love the tre is a great mod First one i did Gipro and very impressed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Installed a Bully and am glad I did. I was getting annoyed with the surging. Bought GMAN's shift bushing too, and was amazed that after only 5000 miles the old one had a flat worn area. No more shift issues since.

Now I'm looking for a local powder coater for my stock wheels; want to go red with whitewall tires to set off the black/silver paint and get a retro feel going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts