M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that thing is B  I  G....... BIG!  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It seems bigger than a VTX1800. But for all its apparent size  and what looked like a mile wide seat I was able to sit flat footed on it with no problems and I'm only a little over 5'6" and 155lbs. It stood up off the stand a lot easier than it would appear to at first glance.

It's better looking and much more impressive in person as well. More chrome thingies and shinier than the photos make it out to be.

Over all a very impressive chunk of motorcycle.  :bigthumbsup:

I also saw for the first time the prior week, Victory's cruisers. I have to say that the Vegas Jackpot and Hammer are IMO the best looking production cruisers made. Fit, finish, looks are very impressive.

They don't have the shear imposing size and look of the 109, but are really some sweet looking bikes.

But that is neither here nor there as there is no Victory dealer in my state.

So if I were to buy a bike today, I would have no qualms about picking up the 109. From a price standpoint it's the best deal going in the land of cruiserdom.

My dealer is very small, has only one 109 (Silver) will not even service it or put the battery in until it's sold :( So obviously no test ride.

How many here bought the 109 without having a test ride?

Anyway, y'all gots yurself one fine scooter. Just wish I was able to join ya. This is the longest I've ever gone without a bike since I was 6yo :(  I'm itching for a ride really bad. So I'll just live vicariously through those that have bikes.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I bought mine with out hearing it or road testing it.... Most of the people on here here have done it the same way... :bigthumbsup:
ANd once you do ride one you will be completely and udderly surprised, shocked and addicted....

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had no test ride, same as many others here :(

However I was not disappointed in the least!! Again, same as many others here :bigthumbsup: :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
Test ride??? what's that :eek: I was delirious when I heard it ...I knew I was getting one the first time I saw it in a magazine...when I saw one in person I went right out to the car and got my check book...nuff said :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Devilish

·
Registered
181 Posts
No test ride here.  Wasn't an issue as I knew I wanted the bike.  Very satisfied with my decision, and I find myself wanting to ride the 109 more frequently than my sportbike.

Anyone want to buy a low mileage 2006 CBR1000RR?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm seems to be the general consensus that no test ride is normal. I don't feel so left out now.

This would be the first bike I bought without riding prior though.

Just from sitting on it I could feel that it would be sweet ride. Even with my somewhat diminutive dimensions I found the reach to the bars and pegs to be quite comfortable.

Although I probably look sort of like Lilly Tomlin sitting on that big rocking chair :a20:

Thanks for the replies

G

·
Raced to the dealer when I saw the first ad for the 109.

Sat on it. No test ride. He started it up and I handed him the deposit.

I've had numerous bikes (including VTX1800) and this one is a keeper!

Rob

·
Registered
525 Posts
I got to test ride one before I got it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The first time I saw it was on Suzuki's website and I liked it a lot. That was in March I think. Then a new Victory dealership opened close to my house and I really liked the hammer but could not bring myself to spend $20K on a bike. Was convinced i would by the VTX1800 and was debating on which one when suddenly the dealer wheels the 109 into the showroom. He said no test rides no starts nothing. He had three come in all were sold sight unseen. That same day I was in a book store and saw the 109 on the cover of a mag and read the review right there. That was the final straw I had to have it. Found a beautiful black one at a small dealer on the other side of town and I have a permanent smile ever since. :D :D :D

If you can swing it get it you wont be sorry.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I read the article in Motorcycle Cruiser magazine a few months ago... on Thursday... Monday, it was mine. I'm glad I didn't test ride... while I was doing the deal... someone called to buy it over the phone.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Didn't need a test ride. I called the dealer, and told him what I would pay for it over the phone. He said yes, and I went and picked it up two days later and road it home. Best thing I have ever purchased.

panther06

·
Registered
516 Posts
I had actually never heard of the m109r, one day my buddy Doug took me to the Suzuki shop to look at it and I saw it in silver. I thought it was a nice bike, then I saw a Pearl White one. I bought the next Pearl White they had in the crate in the back, never drove it or even heard it on. Best bike I have ever owned. BTW I am short too, right around 5'6" and just had the shop turn the bars up a couple inches, feels great.

Good luck in acquiring your next bike, I hope you get the 109r, but regardless of what you buy, I hope you have a ball!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I never test rode mine either. Knew I wanted it the first time I saw it in person (Bike Week 06). The day I rode out of the dealership.....lets just say I had to go home and clean the seat off LOL!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
saw it on tv, the commercial, on monday night, thought bout it, sat on it, heard it, bought it on saturday! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Nester said:
I saw it. I sat on it. I bought it. Never heard it run 'til I rode it home.
+1

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
With your height & weight..hell you might hit upper 11s w/o any mods...gonna feel about as heavy as a gnat on a horse....to the bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts