M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well folks, finally got to experience that moment...you know when you say screw it, I'm ready. Slung my leg and boot over the familiar yellow body and plopped down in the saddle. Slowly leaned her up off the kick stand and flicked the key switch. Hit that starter button and got that buzz I've been missing. Leaned her to the right hoping that leg would hold, grabbed the clutch and clunked it into gear. Twist the right hand a bit and let that clutch go.... back on two wheels after 84 days.
:hot:

Leaving for Deals Gap and into Blue Ridge Mountains on Tuesday. Will mount my new chrome wheels and get the new performance mods going when I get back.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
you going to do that trip with the boot??

i am about to embark on the same trip, riding with the boot. my foot still feels a little weak but im working on it. good luck sir and be safe!! i have been off the bike for 64 days you have 20 on me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm going to do the trip in the boot. Still have some swelling when I walk, which may prevent my normal size shoe from fitting. Hate to buy an extra pair of riding boots just for the ride. Figured the walking boot may also help protect it better.

I've been riding a stationary bicycle alot trying to get muscle built back in the right leg and foot hoping to be ready for this trip. Good luck to you and enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Have fun and ride safe. The Blue Ridge mountains are a beautiful place, I had a blast there last month and can't wait to get back! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congrats man!!!! Have fun up there I was there last week and have been depressed since I got back. Make sure and ride the skyway I loved that way more then the dragon.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Just saw this a minute ago. We should have hit Geo's last night.
Glad your healing up.
There's a Bikers Against Child Abuse (B.A.C.A.) charity ride on Saturday morning. It lasts pretty much all day. Last year John and I rode it. The stops are pretty fun places too...All gentle mens clubs. It was a fun day, must have been 500 bikes. They broke down the 500 in to groups of 20 or so. Also they provided lead riders and guys to block off intersections the whole way. It was a very safe ride and had all the stops we guys enjoy.

Let me know if you're interested.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts