M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why did it take so long to get them?
I'm not real sure. I ordered them through pashnit.com because they were a good deal. 725 for the three. then, the fronts were backordered-then galfer was looking for a new chromer-then the galfer employee over THAT dept. suddenly died.
I don't even care anymore, I'm just glad they showed up.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
NiceI...........I'm liking them alot. Defiinitely on my winter wish list. I think that it completes the bike. Now drop the bike w/ 2.25" lowering bones and your in.
Where did you get the "SS" badges.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NiceI...........I'm liking them alot. Defiinitely on my winter wish list. I think that it completes the bike. Now drop the bike w/ 2.25" lowering bones and your in.
Where did you get the "SS" badges.
I cant bring myself to lower mine. I do agree it would look much better but I don't want to give up any clearance in the turns. I've already destroyed a few hundred dollars worth of pegs. Maybe santa will bring me air-ride for Christmas.:dontknow:
The SS badges came from a local Chevy dealers parts dept. My father-in-law picked them up for me. He puts them on everything he owns. Right now he's driving a SS-HHR.:D

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Gotta love the look,well worth the wait..!! On my winter mods list..maybe I should order now so I can have them on for spring..

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Demetri is this mod just for looks or do you get even better breaking distances? I like your rear brake setup alot with it being more hidden. Your rear wheel does look nice & open & clean. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I think I got the better deal :D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Demetri is this mod just for looks or do you get even better breaking distances? I like your rear brake setup alot with it being more hidden. Your rear wheel does look nice & open & clean. :bigthumbsup:
Nathan, for myself it's more for looks. I am a "chromosexual" after all.:D Galfer's are supposed to stop better but I dont think the 9 could stop much better than it already does. You only have so much contact with the pavement. imho.:dontknow:

·
Registered
423 Posts
The design is supposed to increase the bite of the pad. I supposed I could them allowing better venting as air can escape vs. locked in a drill hole. I have a Galfer on the rear, and didnt notice any difference, but it did increase the visual performance :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts