M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fred is finally rideable (well for me at least). Took him out, wow what a difference compared to the sportbike. Love it. Just took a short jaunt out, gonna need to spend some quality time in a parking lot with him.

For those that may be interested, I'm 4'11" and 115 lbs, to make it fit, the forward controls were moved back 3" and up about 1/2". I put 3" kewlmetal extenders on and lowered the bike 2.75". Also got the Suzuki Gel Seat standard cut.

I scraped the pipe on the second right hand turn I made. Oh well, figured that would probably happen. Gonna see if we can shorten the pipes to align with the rear axle that should help. I gotten send some stuff out to be chromed next winter so not too worried about it. Hopefully i'll get some miles on it this weekend. Here's a couple pics from the Fred's maiden voyage (the 2 other nines are TMDuby and Wiles426).

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
See this gives me hope. I'll show my 6'2 128 pound wife that a 4'11 115 pound lady can ride the beast without a problem.

:congrats: on your ride Shortyy

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is definitely "hot" seeing my wife riding a 9 next to me!! :drool:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Ahhh...Tyler I don't think she's a man :D :bigthumbsup: Shortyy my mom was 4'10.5" and rode a Harley in the 40's with a welded on extension to the kickstand....so she could stop at lights.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Fred is finally rideable (well for me at least). Took him out, wow what a difference compared to the sportbike. Love it. Just took a short jaunt out, gonna need to spend some quality time in a parking lot with him.

For those that may be interested, I'm 4'11" and 115 lbs, to make it fit, the forward controls were moved back 3" and up about 1/2". I put 3" kewlmetal extenders on and lowered the bike 2.75". Also got the Suzuki Gel Seat standard cut.

I scraped the pipe on the second right hand turn I made. Oh well, figured that would probably happen. Gonna see if we can shorten the pipes to align with the rear axle that should help. I gotten send some stuff out to be chromed next winter so not too worried about it. Hopefully i'll get some miles on it this weekend. Here's a couple pics from the Fred's maiden voyage (the 2 other nines are TMDuby and Wiles426).

NICE!!! and of coure the red ones are the fastest and best looking!!:joke:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,077 Posts
Way to go girl! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

With that riding outfit on you remind me of Biker-chicky. She hasn't been around for a while but she used to post a lot.

Her profile picture, with her silver 109 and fairing. Her husband had a 109 too.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Congrats! Glad to hear you finally got that thing out on the road, too bad you guys are free to ride this weekend...One of these weekends Chip and I will have to come up and do some kart racing there.:congrats:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Scraped the pipe already..NICE..you're a bigger man than most Shortyy:bigthumbsup:
that aint no man Tbud.:dontknow: thats a smokin hot little girl. look at the pics again my friend.
I think his Babe-dar is broken :D
I think he knew it was a woman:doh: He was giving her a compliment on her riding....:bigthumbsup:

Anyways...I see you have the best color out there.:D:congrats:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Don't fret the scraping it is just going to happen with your set up. Fred is going to enjoy the time out of the stable. Are the risers and peg extensions going to work? That is the most forward set up ive heard of yet
you might get a few more of the ladies to try this big cruiser. Keep us informed on your thoughts for other riders. You probably thought about this but you could change that seat even more forward. Enjoy the ride.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts