M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after almost 6 weeks of waiting for the dealer, who was waiting for 1 more part, I told them I was tired of waiting & wanted my bike back, I would either take it back in when the last part came in or put it on myself, so they agreed to go ahead and put it together. Then about noon on Thurs. the service Dept. called to tell me my new tank had a dent in it when they got it out of the packaging...... so I told them to leave my old tank on and get the replacement in because I want my bike.....I finally I was able to pick up the Beast Thursday after work.... I agreed to take it back for the new Tank and a lower cover that is back ordered....
So tonight after work I decided to take her for a spin. I start taking off the new saddlebags (which I had asked them not to put on by the way) I see two chips on the tailstock below the tailight which weren't there before I took it in and then when I get home from my ride I noticed in the garage lights.... scratches on the inside of my new windshield near the left mtg bracket........ so it looks like I will be making a call to the service manager in the morning to tell him about my new issues........ $6700 in repairs it should be perfect, w/o new damage.... po'd but at the same time glad to get her back
Ready to get some seat time as I have missed the whole summer!
By the way, I was quickly reminded of the attention the bike gets.... I rode threw town at three different stop light people were walking up and asking what it is, how fast does it go, what a great feeling, even as I try to cover the scratches in my old tank....... :doorag:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Well after almost 6 weeks of waiting for the dealer, who was waiting for 1 more part, I told them I was tired of waiting & wanted my bike back, I would either take it back in when the last part came in or put it on myself, so they agreed to go ahead and put it together. Then about noon on Thurs. the service Dept. called to tell me my new tank had a dent in it when they got it out of the packaging...... so I told them to leave my old tank on and get the replacement in because I want my bike.....I finally I was able to pick up the Beast Thursday after work.... I agreed to take it back for the new Tank and a lower cover that is back ordered....
So tonight after work I decided to take her for a spin. I start taking off the new saddlebags (which I had asked them not to put on by the way) I see two chips on the tailstock below the tailight which weren't there before I took it in and then when I get home from my ride I noticed in the garage lights.... scratches on the inside of my new windshield near the left mtg bracket........ so it looks like I will be making a call to the service manager in the morning to tell him about my new issues........ $6700 in repairs it should be perfect, w/o new damage.... po'd but at the same time glad to get her back
By the way, I was quickly reminded of the attention the bike gets.... I rode threw town at three different stop light people were walking up and asking what it is, how fast does it go, what a great feeling, even as I try to cover the scratches in my old tank....... :doorag:
WOW $6700 in damages and they did not total it?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Glad to here your out there again Dan, how's the healing going ? You'll still have all fall to ride....don't worry !

Take care !

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Original estimate was $6400 and some change, and the insurance adjuster looked at my bike and the 4000 miles and said it " too new, too nice and we are gonna fix it for you " I was surprised too, but it was their choice....
then the added another $300 in additional parts needed.:dontknow:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to here your out there again Dan, how's the healing going ? You'll still have all fall to ride....don't worry !

Take care !
Hey there Andy..... the healing is coming along fine...... thanks for asking!
been doing physical therapy 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks w/ 1 week to go, mainly to get full range of motion, which I am really close to having.
Still have a little pain in right shoulder when I lift or pull with it..... but that is getting better too...... I am definitely ready for some riding......
Dan

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hey there Andy..... the healing is coming along fine...... thanks for asking!
been doing physical therapy 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks w/ 1 week to go, mainly to get full range of motion, which I am really close to having.
Still have a little pain in right shoulder when I lift or pull with it..... but that is getting better too...... I am definitely ready for some riding......
Dan
That's great Dan.....happy to here it !
Enjoy the riding and hopefully we'll see you in june :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
LOL I hear ya

I went for a 80 RT mile ride tonight to get an ice cream cone and orange crush, and i was sitting inside the store eating and a guy come walking up outside staring hard and walked right into the entry door LOL. He was pretty interested in er!! And congrats on getting your beast back!!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
I'm sorry to hear they are taking so long and still not getting it fixed right, but I bet it looks a lot better than it did at the meet.

Glad you're back on it again too bro, that would have to be an awesome feeling after all this time waiting.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
WOW , Thats Great
I would be very angey to wait that long and it still not be right !
I am sure they will make it all good , so enjoy and be sure to make the Pre-meet next year !

:congrats:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW , Thats Great
I would be very angey to wait that long and it still not be right !
I am sure they will make it all good , so enjoy and be sure to make the Pre-meet next year !

:congrats:
I have all intentions of making the full trip next year.... and you are one of the brothers I want to personally say thank you to!

·
Registered
976 Posts
That's odd. When I went down a few months ago they told me my first tank that arrived was dented as well. I had to wait another three weeks to get my bike fixed. Orange 9 as well. could they be sending the same dented tank from dealer to dealer in hopes one will take it? Or are they sloppy with packing and shipping that they dent a lot of orange tanks on the way to the US? Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
good to hear you got in some seat time!! Sorry the dealer is a PUTZ!! GET IT PERFECT!!! dont budge at all on anything!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hey Dan, glad to hear that your planning on the whole trip next spring.
Sounds like you will be back to 100% by then. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's odd. When I went down a few months ago they told me my first tank that arrived was dented as well. I had to wait another three weeks to get my bike fixed. Orange 9 as well. could they be sending the same dented tank from dealer to dealer in hopes one will take it? Or are they sloppy with packing and shipping that they dent a lot of orange tanks on the way to the US? Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.
Hmmmm, is right...... they told me it was about a 2 inch dent to the right of the chrome cover. I didn't get to see it so not sure how big it was.....My problem now is, they are going to argue about the chips in the tail stock.
Unfortunately, I took pictures of the damage before I took it in, not of the undamaged parts......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts