M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after waiting and waiting for back ordered parts, damaged new replacement parts, paint chips from being in the service department.......
My bike is finally all back together looking better than before.....
It has definitely been a long summer... basically the whole summer without my Bike... from the accident on 6/21 I finally picked up the rear fender on 9/30 ( after my 1st replacement showed up at the service department in black paint..... They also replaced the windshield that they had to have scratched while installing it..... I have managed about 700 miles in the past couple weeks, most of which were done while sporting my scratched and dented tank, after the 1st new one arrived with it's own dent. ( go figure )

So... Eric, John, and other northern to central Ohio guys.... I am ready for some riding before the snow starts flying. :dontknow:

Also, I have most left side cover pieces from front fender, headlight cover to rear fender available, most have only scratches and can be painted.

and if you look close at the last picture... yes that is still dirt on the rear tire from that infamous NC hillside.... :doorag:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Happy to here it bro.....Have a good fall season and if all goes well i should see you next june. :bigthumbsup:

Take care !
Andy

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
Post some pics bro, it's got to look a ton better than it did sitting on the back of the trailer at the meet.

Glad you got it in riding condition too. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
the other orange 9

Am I reading your post right? It sounds like you're saying the service dept. chipped your paint and damaged your windshield? If this is true, I hope you didn't use the same service dept. to do the repairs on your bike. They sound like a bunch of incompetent boobs.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the other orange 9

Am I reading your post right? It sounds like you're saying the service dept. chipped your paint and damaged your windshield? If this is true, I hope you didn't use the same service dept. to do the repairs on your bike. They sound like a bunch of incompetent boobs.
My new replacement windshield had a couple parallel scratches on the inside about 2 inches from the square end of the mounting bracket, looked like it was slid across the top of it.... Didn't notice them until I got it in the halogen garage lighting, they immediately order the replacement...... the rear most part of the rear fender had 2 small chips that neither my insurance adjuster nor I had noticed when the bike was taken in..... We bath had taken photos of all damage and neither of us had a photo of the rear fender..... we both had the left rear turn signal, but they didn't show enough of the fender to see the chips.... The service department did replace the rear fender when I told them they had to have done it..... it just took 2 weeks to get the right color from Suzuki..... ordered orange, received black....
But all is well.... bike is all back together and is running well.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts