M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I've seen a lot of guys on here putting the Cortech "Sport" bags on their bikes and they look awesome...but too small for my needs!! These are the Cortech "Tri-Bag" saddle bags. They have an optional 3rd bag that you can buckle across the top of the rear passenger seat. These are very spacious bags and easy to put on...a few min. to be exact!! The paint side of the bags are made of kinda like neoprene or something so they won't scratch the paint, and helps secure the bags to the bike. There are two front support straps and two rear support straps to hold the bags in place (pictured). The two main straps fit under the seat pretty easily...kida had to force the seat a little, but it all worked out!! Bought these at the local stealer for $155....cheapest on the net was $153 with shipping....so i figured what the hell, whats 2 extra bucks, right?? Now I"m ready for my ride to Fountain City to do a run on the Missisippi river Aug. 18-20th!! I will post pics when I get back!! Ride safe all!!-HELL :evil:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Very not bad bro, did you have a part # for them?

Oh, and after all the injury / equipment threads of late I do hope you make your woman wear better gear than that for normal riding 8) :joke:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DHandyman said:
Very not bad bro, did you have a part # for them?

Oh, and after all the injury / equipment threads of late I do hope you make your woman wear better gear than that for normal riding 8) :joke:
LOL...she's just holding it up for me!! She wears good gear for when we ride!! Heres the part number-82-416

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I just hope the bags don't start to sag in toward the wheel... I mounted my Sport bags under the seat instead of over, and I noticed this morning that they have been rubbing on the wheel... Got a decent worn spot in the neoprene pad, and a small hole in the rear seam of one of the bags. :mad: Not bad enough to cause issues... I'm just glad I caught it when I did. Be sure to keep an eye on yours.

·
Registered
108 Posts
hellrazr72 said:
LOL...she's just holding it up for me!! She wears good gear for when we ride!! Heres the part number-82-416
Yup them are the bags i was looking at,now can your wife/girlfriend set in the passenger seat and still be comfy with them installed,or are they hitting the legs of the passenger to much?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:bigthumbsup:............. might have to look into a set for mine, got to get the Breakaway cruise first though ;)

So much stuff (I want)........So little money(I got) :redfaced:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks good... one suggestion - get the seat bag... and the bungie tie downs from Hal.

The seat bag clips into the side bags (I cut off those other straps - they're supposed to be for carrying the bags around)

The seat bag has built in bungies with heavy plastic hooks - they work PERFECT with Directline's bungie mounts. I started with them under the seat but went over after the first day's ride cuz it's nicer to clip and carry everything into the room. A five second job.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Do you know if these will work if I have my turn signals mounted on the chrome fender where the bungee buttons go? I`m not into bags but after taking a 300 mile trip with a backpack I am ready for bags and I like these the best so far :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
WINGYS109 said:
Do you know if these will work if I have my turn signals mounted on the chrome fender where the bungee buttons go? I`m not into bags but after taking a 300 mile trip with a backpack I am ready for bags and I like these the best so far :bigthumbsup:
Negative GhostRider... The bags rest against the chrome fender struts... and the signals just stick out too much.

·
Registered
214 Posts
thats some big ol' bags dude! i guess you need um' since you live in wisconsin, never know when blizzard might blow in, and you might need your parka  huh?  :joke: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the idea looks good!!! :2cool: :hot: With this I'm sure you could pick up a few things at the bike Rallies :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I sure hope these don't f-up your paint job. I find that just about anything no matter how soft that touchs my paint scratched it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Medic1210 said:
I just hope the bags don't start to sag in toward the wheel... I mounted my Sport bags under the seat instead of over, and I noticed this morning that they have been rubbing on the wheel... Got a decent worn spot in the neoprene pad, and a small hole in the rear seam of one of the bags. :mad: Not bad enough to cause issues... I'm just glad I caught it when I did. Be sure to keep an eye on yours.
Thanks Medic for the heads up!! You think supports are needed??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mnmsnowbeast said:
Yup them are the bags i was looking at,now can your wife/girlfriend set in the passenger seat and still be comfy with them installed,or are they hitting the legs of the passenger to much?
She said No problem!! She dosent even notice that they are there!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WINGYS109 said:
I would say no...prolly wouldnt work!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts