M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After checking out this forum for more than 6 months now and looking for just the right bike, I finally got it yesterday and hauled her home. A 2008, bone stock, black M109R2 with only 1900 miles on it…like brand new. Took it out today for the first time. Wow….just wow. The weather here in northern Colorado today was just spectacular, the perfect day for my maiden voyage.

This is my very first bike. I rode dirt bikes and mini bikes when I was a teenager but with the exception of taking my brothers Honda VTX 1800 for a spin in a parking lot last October I have not really had any time on one since then (let's just say it's been over 30 years and leave it at that). That spin on the VTX 1800 got me interested in getting back into motorcycles again. I just completed the MSF basic riders course last week and was really itching to get a bike.

So this morning I took it to a large empty parking lot near my home to get a feel for her. Did some low speed turns, some quick stops to get use to the brakes, etc. I probably spent about 15 minutes in the parking lot before I felt comfortable enough to get it out on the street. Taking it into the street for the first time I found a nice road with very little traffic not far away with some nice sweeping bends in both directions. I went back and forth about 10 times just getting a feel for the bike in the curves. I then took it out onto some country roads, again with very little traffic, and really began to enjoy the machine. Took my first wave from another biker and felt like part of the club. I turned onto a state highway and got the bike up to about 65 MPH in no time. It just felt solid, nice and stable. The sun was reflecting off the tank and chrome and the cool breeze felt good blowing through the perforated leather of my jacket. I glanced at the majestic mountains just off to the west and just then another group of bikers approached and all gave the wave. I think I still have the grin on my face. Man, I'm really going to enjoy this thing. I put just a little over 100 miles on her today and look forward to many more. :a18:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Congrats on the ride Rone! And welcome to the club!! :congrats: be careful out there.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
:congrats: with your new 9. It sounds like your are off to a good start.
Be careful with the beast and have fun. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,688 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum bro. :bigthumbsup:

Check out the two links in my signature.

Enjoy her and ride safe. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
:congrats:and :welcome:. Enjoy the ride. Be safe:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I came to forums for a year before I pulled the trigger....You will love this thing man...I still think best of both worlds(power/ comfort and a different look) with a bang for your buck that is second to none..
Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
:congrats::welcome:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,047 Posts
:welcome: & :congrats:

Great way to enjoy your first ride, and I hope you have many more days that leave the same grin on your face. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the club. You will not regret your purchase. I live in Denver so if you ever wanna get together and ride let me know.

·
Registered
508 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome:
Your description of your first experience on the beast reminds me of the first day on mine. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts