M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got some of my mods done to my 08 C. I put a Side Burner exhaust on, Cobra Sissy Bar, I made my own custom intakes following some previous threads, and de-badged it. I am extremely happy with the results!

Rode it home yesterday from getting my dent fixed in the tank from when it fell over in the mid 20s here in PA and never felt the cold air I was so worked up and excited! :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry pic would not upload on the previous post. I will post a more clear picture this was taken with my cell and I must still have been shaking from the adrenaline! :joke:

·
Registered
643 Posts
first time i seen a real picture of a C with the Sideburners I LIKE IT!

bikes looking good and i bet running even better

·
Registered
623 Posts
Thanks Biggy109, I love the bike!
I too have a set of sideburners but I when with the black ones, this is the first time I'm going with the black look so I hope I like it.

I've got the chrome Sideburners on my M95 and love the sound it makes so I'm sure your C is playing a SWEET song every time you start the bike.

What mod did you do to the exhaust control valve to make them work?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I normally do all my own work on my bike and atvs, but my mother works at a local bike shop and they actually put the exhaust on it for me while they were fixing the dent in my tank so I can not answer that question.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you buy the sideburners at the bike shop? I have been considering the sideburner pipes.... hard to find in chrome.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I need it for the c109... believe it or not there is not much out there

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I need it for the c109... believe it or not there is not much out there
The first thing that I did was search for an exhaust and I had a hard time finding things that would fit. I emailed manufactures to see what the differences were between the M and the C to see if I could make them fit. Finally found the Side Burner and loved it and I did purchase it through the bike shop.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I normally do all my own work on my bike and atvs, but my mother works at a local bike shop and they actually put the exhaust on it for me while they were fixing the dent in my tank so I can not answer that question.
LOL, your mother put your exhaust on for you, that's awesome :bigthumbsup:. Im not making fun of you, just the way it sounds. Im a mommas boy myself :D.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL, your mother put your exhaust on for you, that's awesome :bigthumbsup:. Im not making fun of you, just the way it sounds. Im a mommas boy myself :D.
LOL that is good I never caught the way that sounded until you brought it up. It does sound like she put my exhaust on. I love my mother to death but I do not think that would go to well putting on my exhaust, I see the way she operates her cell phone and digital camera LOL. :D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Your bike looks great. I love the custom intake and those side burners are sharp. :bigthumbsup:
What fuel controller are you using?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have not purchased a fuel controller yet. I was not sure if I would like the intakes the way that I did them or not. I knew that a controller would be a future purchase, but I decided to make sure I liked the look first. Also with all this snow here can't really ride yet anyway.

From reading other posts on this forum I know there is quite a bit of debate on which one to go with, but any input/opinions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Man you need some better pics. Looks good from what I can tell:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Still looking for exhaust ideas for the C109, all I see are cobra speedsters and roadburner 3" straights, I feel like I have a kick me sign on my back

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wonder how does your bike performing with custom intake and pipes and without fuel controller?
I took my intakes to the bike shop and just rode it home since everything has been done which was about a 10 minute ride. However, I did crank on it as soon as I pulled out and ran through all five gears until I caught traffic and did not notice anything out of the ordinary other than I loved the sound!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I asked because it's sort of common knowledge that bike comes lean from factory and adding aftermarket intakes andnpipes makes even leaner. I am wondering - no popping sound, backfiring?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts