M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, As of the 15th I'm now the proud owner of a Silver M109R (despite having been a nuisance on the board for almost 6 months 8) )

I picked it up from Moddrell's in Chickasha, OK if anyone is looking for one still.. They were trying to get me a red one, but there was only 1 in a 250 mile radius and the dealership that had it wouldn't let it go for anything. Still, its all good, silver was my first choice back when I started wanting one of these beasts anyway. :doorag: :doorag:

Put just over 400 miles on her today on the way back from Oklahoma, made more than a few Harley owners mad as I passed them. Got pulled over with < 150 miles on the bike and got off with only a warning cause I told the state trooper I wasn't entirely sure how far off the speedometer was from actual so I was just riding until the wind got too much (and it was a very windy day for most of the ride). He did however want a picture taken of himself on the bike (after he gave me the warning) which I thought was very kewl. :cop: :bigthumbsup:

Found a few good BBQ joints on the way and I believe I identified at least 7 new bug species from thier remains on my helmet visor :joke:
Although I wondered why they called this parking area the "Hawg Pen" as most of the bikes in it were NOT Harleys .. 8) Also as you can see from the cattle truck in the background, the meats at this places were FRESH! :D :eek:

Took some pictures outside the hotel I stayed at the night I picked it up... By the end of tomorrow it won't look quite the same. The wrenches at the dealership, all of whom were very kewl and top notch, really got a kick out of the fact that the first thing I did was ask them to borrow some allen wrenches and a screwdriver so I could put in the JSD-3M :D Really need to pull it off to see the difference now.

All you Austinites that want to get together for a ride shoot me a PM. I'm up for a ride tomorrow afternoon, Friday and / or Saturday, but I leave again on Sunday the 24th for a month... Hope the weather isn't all poopy by the time I get back!!

Ride Strong! and a big thanks to everyone on this board that gave me the knowledge I needed to make an informed purchase! Much love for ya! :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Hey congrats on that new Silver beauty. What a story with the police officer. I love it. You have to watch those silver ones. They are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fast. It is hard to keep them under 100mph. We did a bike show last Saturday in our hometown here and one of the local police officers who I know just to say hello to asked if I was behaving myself and of course I told him I was despite how hard it was on the new bike. He said he had seen me several times around town going a little fast, but he likes the bike and didn't pull me over. I told him I owe him a dozen donuts. He thought it was funny.

Enjoy that ride, get used to the bugs :p

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 90% certain that when this particular state trooper first saw me I was somewhat in excess of 110 on the speedometer :eek: :eek:

The deceleration on this thing from just letting off the throttle is most incredible! :D :D

G

·
DaltonH said:
He did however want a picture taken of himself on the bike (after he gave me the warning) which I thought was very kewl.  :cop: :bigthumbsup:
::) They do that with M109Rs and Ferraris :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Day 2 update:

Reflectors are gone
Tank emblems are gone
Tank stickers are gone (what a pain)
the little 'zuki sticker above the tail light is gone 8)

would have washed and waxed it and posted some pics but its raining today so it really didn't make sense to wash it yet. Was eye-balling my dremel and thinking about removing the "beaver tail" but I still need some strip LED's and a side-mount or flush mount for the plate before I get to that point. Soo much to do, so little time at home :(

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :hot: :beer3: :2cool:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Congratulations, DH! It sounds cool too when it decelerates huh? I just came back in from my Lake Mead run, t he weather here is GORGEOUS today (vegas). Be careful on that beast and don't let JR and them influence you too much they are experts :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I put a grand total of 125 miles on her again today.. probably would have done more but it rained most of the morning.. Poor thing needs a wash and wax REALLY bad right now 8)

Will probably try and knock that out on Thursday so I can have her looking good for the weekend 8)

·
Registered
330 Posts
yup with all the baffles out and deceling down a grade. it sounds like a semi wiht jakes :doorag: love it. good job on the color.man

1 - 19 of 19 Posts