M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After extending my stay a couple days in to Sunday... and finally getting caught up on emails, missed calls, etc. I've found I have over 9 pages of "new posts" to read through on the board... yikes! Hope I haven't missed anything important! ;)

Any who, here is one of my first pics from last week. This is just a "my bike" pic at the last rest stop before entering sturgis - about half way between Rapid City and Sturgis. She looks all purty here - the smoked spitfire shield, bungee buttons and givi bag worked great fo the trip :bigthumbsup: - but as soon as I hit the Buffalo Chip, and pretty much for the whole week, she was dirty as hell. I've got to get her cleaned up now that I'm back home... and show off that pretty new paint ;)

I've got loads more pics from sturgis I'll post if anyone is interested... just need to get them pulled off the camera...

J

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
jcopley said:
After extending my stay a couple days in to Sunday... and finally getting caught up on emails, missed calls, etc. I've found I have over 9 pages of "new posts" to read through on the board... yikes! Hope I haven't missed anything important! ;)

Any who, here is one of my first pics from last week. This is just a "my bike" pic at the last rest stop before entering sturgis - about half way between Rapid City and Sturgis. She looks all purty here - the smoked spitfire shield, bungee buttons and givi bag worked great fo the trip :bigthumbsup: - but as soon as I hit the Buffalo Chip, and pretty much for the whole week, she was dirty as hell. I've got to get her cleaned up now that I'm back home... and show off that pretty new paint ;)

I've got loads more pics from sturgis I'll post if anyone is interested... just need to get them pulled off the camera...

J
Nice looking paint what kind of feedback did you get? I will be doing the replacement set when I get back from House of Kolors. Going a different direction on one of the 2 sets. Lets just say bold.

G

·
vtxoak said:
Nice looking paint what kind of feedback did you get? I will be doing the replacement set when I get back from House of Kolors. Going a different direction on one of the 2 sets. Lets just say bold.
Great job on that paint job man!!! Looking forward to your next projects...

on topic: I would love to see more pics of the trip..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I have it mounted, the shield works great for keeping wind of the chest (and blowing me off the seat ;) ) as well as deflecting road debri, bugs, etc. It doesn't do a whole lot for wind against the head or face - or wind noise in the ears, for that matter - but it suits the needs I bought it for. I think for a shorter person (I'm 6'3"), and if it were mounted higher, it would do alot to decrease wind and wind noise about the head and shoulders...

J

·
Registered
346 Posts
Dude looks great, hope you are having fun and being safe. One question, WTF is with the luggage on the hog in the bachground? Looks kinds precarious.

(precarious |pri?ke(?)r??s| adjective 1 not securely held or in position; dangerously likely to fall or collapse : a precarious ladder. )
(2 dependent on chance; uncertain : she made a precarious living by writing.)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol - I have no idea - but I agree. But hey - if you're riding in and trying to pack everything on the bike, sometimes you gotta stretch the limits! :doorag: That's nothing compared to some of the overloaded bikes I saw rolling in...

J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts