M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gone tired of looking at that big empty space left when putting on the Cobra Dragster pipes, and I have this big chrome cover that came off from the install just sitting in the garage. So I decided to use it, and trim it where the dragsters needed space. It fill a void and I think it looks good.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
z4woo that looks good :bigthumbsup: Thats how the guys at Camden motorsports did the bike they had with cobras on it were i bought mine.

I seen a Black 109 at Ron Turner's In jacksonville that they had left that piece off and it looked like something was missing ,it sure didn't look right,It looks much better with it trimmed and put back on IMHO :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
That's a GREAT :bigthumbsup: idea. I'll have to do that. Thanks Ron S

·
Registered
243 Posts
THat is awsome, do you have a picture of the piece cutout? I want to do that to mine... How are you liking :bigthumbsup: them pipes!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used a cut-off wheel and did it in small sections at a time, fit, trim, fit, trim then I tossed out all of the little pieces. I have some black catalpillar grommet that I have to super glue on tonight where the edges where cut. I'm loving to pipes.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You might laugh, but I spray painted that same piece"Gloss Black" trimmed it, and it really hid the hole and made the Cobra's pop right out :D "Bling-Bling" :bigthumbsup:

Don

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's the cover with the catalpillar grommet glue along the edge, from these pics, you can see I took off a big chunk.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The glue that I used is Loctite Black Max 380, we use it at work, so I brought the cover & grommet to work and glued it there.
It's an industrial product and quite expensive, but it does the job. I was convinced a few years ago when we placed a drop between
2 pieces of scrap sheetmetal, the next day, we couldn't even pry them apart.

G

·
Hey Lamonster, do you have a sound clip of the speedsters? I really want those for mine, but have to wait till next spring. Do you know if they sound comparable to the Hard Krome's?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts