M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, have fitted the Tri-pro pipes and think they are great, am waiting for Fed-ex to deliver from the U.S. a Greggs Swing arm cover, engine cover for the big ugly hole on the side of the bike (thanks guys for putting me on to these two pieces of bling) and a Fi2000r efi tuner. Being an Australian bike with the O2 Sensors, which I have disconnected (again thanks to the fellow riders on this site ) and am almost happy with the way it runs but way to much back firing and popping for my liking. I hope that this addition will be all that I need to solve this problem, but my question is do I need to do anything else or can I just do the the install and leave it at that or is there anything else that I should know about. Appreciate all the advice, thanks.
SPRAG

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
You need to block your pair valves and that will get rid of most of the popping and backfiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
And make sure you have absolutely no leaks at the exhaust flanges when you installed the new exhausts...which will also cause it. Hope you changed gaskets to eliminate that possibility.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Also, believe it or not, some of the backfiring and such can also come from a plugged or dirty fuel filter. Once I replaced mine, a lot of that went away completely. If you do a search you will find this isn't just my findings. Several members have found the same thing.
Those filters ge dirty quickly, and cause all sorts of problems.
Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts