M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Started out with a pcIII was ok but need to dyno tune it to get the most out of it and a bit $$$$ to have that done.I figured that every time I did a mod you would need to get it back on the dyno to get it tweeked.Bought a B & B and did not like it at all (popped thru exhaust could not get it to stop)but I must say it woke up the beast.I bought the fj2000 and love it and you can tune it yourself very easy and no matter how many mods you just make the adjustment no re-dyno.I think it is the easyiest to use and works very good for most apps.There are also a few posts on setting for it on this site,Gramps helped me out get mine set right for my mods.You will not be disappointed with the fj2000 GREAT choice !:cop:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,138 Posts
It's one of the best performing, easiest to install mods I've done on my bike. And I can tweak it as much as I want as often as I want. That does it for me.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Surprising results!

I expected it to make it run better, especially cold runing, and it did. What was a surprise is how much better the low end torque was. I used to have to be real careful how I let out the clutch when I first took off from a stop, especially around a corner. It would want to bog or surge too much, so I would have to find that fine edge and slip it just right to control it.
Now I can just let out the clutch, and give it whatever throttle I want, and it takes off smoothly, fast or slow. It just drives so much easier. I'm sure it was too lean at low rpms with my intake mod, I just didn't know any better until now.
Now I know why guys said even a stock bike will benefit from this mod. They're too lean from the factory at low rpms where driveability is affected.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Whats the diff between the $180 and $212 versions. Cheers

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Whats the diff between the $180 and $212 versions. Cheers
The FI2000 $180 is not a plug and play, you will have to cut the injector wires and solder it in.

The FI2000R $212 is a true plug and play. Get the this one. I just got this from DLP the other day and had them Price match Dennis Kirk.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just checked Dennis Kirk there price looks like $265 for the 9 unless I'm missing somthing?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks Rynosback your the Man. Cheers

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
The FI2000R is a must have item for the 9, with or without any other mods. Easy to adjust and very effective. The only drawback is the front fuel injector connector that you have to disconnect to plug in the FI2000 is hard to find, and even more difficult to get at. I had to remove the rubber air duct that runs between the main air box (which sits underneath the gas tank) and the right side air filter box. Once you do this it can be accesses. Once you get it hooked up you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I did mine at the same time I put in the GIPro and all I can say is WOW. The bike is much smoother and not jerky when turning at low speeds. And when you hammer it hang on cause it is gonna spin the tire.
Bob

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got an additional question regarding the Fi2000R. There are three versions of this product for metric bikes, Fi2000, Fi2000R and the Fi2000R O2. :eek:

Which one do you guys use on the M109? ???

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
I got an additional question regarding the Fi2000R. There are three versions of this product for metric bikes, Fi2000, Fi2000R and the Fi2000R O2. :eek:

Which one do you guys use on the M109? ???
Yes you are. Type the part number into the main search, 921845. It comes up as $186.99.
Look at the part number above.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.