M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum...newbee doesn't even have a pic yet. I just picked up an Fi2000R fuel pot for my 9, I don't have any airmods (other than K&N filters installed) and the exhaust is stock...for now.

Can any one provide me with some recommended settings for the Fi2000R? Do I go with the default 1-3-2, or is there a better setting to go with?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Blessings abound!

Current mods include: GiPro w/ATRE, K&N filters, Kuryakyn grips and foot pegs, Cycle House levers, and Corbin seat.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Default should be fine! Check the link in my signature for Frequentlyt asked questions. :welcome:
:agree: Default will work fine. If you feel like you just have to play with settings to accommodate the increased air flow of the K&Ns, try bumping the 1st pot from the stock setting (1) to 1.5 or 2. You'll know you've gone too high on the 1st pot when your off idle acceleration is too harsh/abrupt and/or the non-load partial throttle (maintaining a constant highway speed) is jerky.

:congrats: & :welcome:

·
Registered
53 Posts
:welcome:and:congrats: on having a 9

These guys know :bigthumbsup: Try default first. Most likely you will find a lower middle setting (2 or 2.5) will work well.

I am running 1-3-2 with your set up and cobra dragsters with baffles(quiet core)

Dave

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum...newbee doesn't even have a pic yet. I just picked up an Fi2000R fuel pot for my 9, I don't have any airmods (other than K&N filters installed) and the exhaust is stock...for now.

Can any one provide me with some recommended settings for the Fi2000R? Do I go with the default 1-3-2, or is there a better setting to go with?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Blessings abound!

Current mods include: GiPro w/ATRE, K&N filters, Kuryakyn grips and foot pegs, Cycle House levers, and Corbin seat.
The Cobra unit is a simple devise that works best if you don't try to make it more complicated.....I vote 1-3-2 .....more then that probably won't yield any better results then a loss in mpg.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
:welcome: & :congrats:

I had the same mods as you when I first put the FI2000R on mine, and ran it at the stock settings. It even ran good at that with a different exhaust.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
:congrats: and :welcome: to the forum.

Check out the two links in my signature.

I have K&Ns and drilled pipes and a GI-Pro and I run my FI2000R and the setting that it was sent with. Feels fine and no issues.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone!

I truely appreciate all of your feedback...will go with the default settings and make slight adjustments as needed.

Thanks again!:yourock:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts