M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the settings for the fi2000r w/stock pipes and a barrons air cleaner system? I also have the Gipro w/ATRE. I would appreciate it as a VTX1800 kept up w/me through the gears and I was only able to pull away from him in 5th.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Does anybody have the settings for the fi2000r w/stock pipes and a barrons air cleaner system? I also have the Gipro w/ATRE. I would appreciate it as a VTX1800 kept up w/me through the gears and I was only able to pull away from him in 5th.
The stock default of 1-3-2 should be all you can use as the stock exhaust is going to pretty much hold you back from gaining much more of an advantage with upgraded intake. If and when you change out the exhaust, some more adjustments make make a feelable difference. I have never raced a VTX but I have a riding buddy with a tuned and sprocketed Street Rod and I can pull out on him fairly well in each gear. And it's not his riding...he came off a Busa and still owns a Blackbird which I cannot catch him on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. thanks. Maybe I need to change from stock pipes, but I don't like the added noise. Can anyone recommend an upgrade with max performance and min noise.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The cobra swept with the baffles in. I had the baffles in on the first set not that loud at all.But on my second set know with know baffles and they are quite loud but manageable.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
In the past all performance exhausts were of course louder...too loud can only be determined by you. I have V&H Bigshots and they are louder then stock but I have the baffles still in and I don't consider them too loud. Cobra has just come out with a performance 2 into 1 and I think they meet the new noise emissions regs but I don't know how much more power they make. Pm the eminent "Rynosbach" and ask him...last I remember he already had the Cobra fueler and K&N filters and just went with that exhaust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In the past all performance exhausts were of course louder...too loud can only be determined by you. I have V&H Bigshots and they are louder then stock but I have the baffles still in and I don't consider them too loud. Cobra has just come out with a performance 2 into 1 and I think they meet the new noise emissions regs but I don't know how much more power they make. Pm the eminent "Rynosbach" and ask him...last I remember he already had the Cobra fueler and K&N filters and just went with that exhaust.
Ryno,
Please give me the skinny.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts